• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

This may split opinion but for me i would want both to stay. Having spoken to Macca many times he really cares about the club and is settled living where he does with a young family. For me he really has stepped up to the plate under Sol and seemed to really gel well with the younger players.

As for Goodship, he could do really well in League 2. He is a goalcsorer but he needs to be played in his right poition, up top, not out on the wing etc. He scored shed loads of goals in the Southern Prem so knows where the net is. Was always going to be a hard transition straight in to league 1, but he has played in a team void of confidence, three managers, in fighting amongst the squad, not being paid on time. Think he deserves the chance to prove himself in a more settled environment
I am fully with you on both Macca and Lolly, both I would like to stay.
Macca as he is a leader, man among boys and showed good commitment.
Lolly as he may make a good 3rd choice, sub, reliable no 10 in L2.

This may split opinion but for me i would want both to stay. Having spoken to Macca many times he really cares about the club and is settled living where he does with a young family. For me he really has stepped up to the plate under Sol and seemed to really gel well with the younger players.

As for Goodship, he could do really well in League 2. He is a goalcsorer but he needs to be played in his right poition, up top, not out on the wing etc. He scored shed loads of goals in the Southern Prem so knows where the net is. Was always going to be a hard transition straight in to league 1, but he has played in a team void of confidence, three managers, in fighting amongst the squad, not being paid on time. Think he deserves the chance to prove himself in a more settled environment

I keep on saying this but Goodship scored his goals playing in the position he played for us. He's not someone who plays up top and leads the line.

Reactions: GBJ

Re Macca i agree, having also spoken to him a few times it was clear he likes the area, likes the club and wants to stay, guess that art is in Rons and his hands.

As for Goodship I think he could do well next year but he scored most of his goals from what I saw and read about coming in from the left or right when in a 3 man attack. It was the southern league and this is a few steps up so dont think he will score for fun like he did but he will be an asset to the squad i feel

The thing with Macca is that while he does definitely seem to like being here, his performances are inconsistent and I think he’s a high earner (relatively speaking).

Whether he is still good value for that level of wages, particularly with a reduced overall budget in League Two, is what Ron and Sol will have to decide.

I can think of a midfielder we had on loan that we tried to buy ,think he ended up going to USA to play ,his name wasnt easy to spell either .

Interesting further reporting on wages caps

Australian media reporting Mark Milligan has been made a free agent.

“But not being paid for the last three months, obviously like many people haven’t been – I don’t want anyone to feel sorry for me or anything like that – but we’ve sort of got to make a decision on what we do going forward.”

Is this new information? I know we tried and failed to get the players on furlough but if we haven't been paying Milligan for 3 months during this aren't we going to get in trouble with the league for non-payment of wages?

Is this new information? I know we tried and failed to get the players on furlough but if we haven't been paying Milligan for 3 months during this aren't we going to get in trouble with the league for non-payment of wages?
Obviously one of those furloughed i would guess thats what he refers too, or i hope so

We succeeded in putting six players - apparently our higher earners - on furlough, after they initially resisted. There was then a later attempt to furlough the rest that failed.

I suspect he was one of the 7- he is getting paid something (£2500 per month) but clearly not getting paid anything like his contract. That translates into not getting paid.
Also says on one hand he has heard on Wed that he is a free agent then on the other he hasn't heard anything back from the club at all over the last 2 weeks. All will become clear next week I guess.
I suspect he has been told by PFA because we didn't take up his option end of May then he is a free agent and free to look for another club, but then I guess if we went back to him next week and said we would offer something it would be different. Its not just his contract situation delayed due to the current backdrop.

On the face of it, this appears to be a lack of communication between the club and the player.

The question is why?

Sol is the man to decide who we want to retain for next season. Ron is the man to say yes or no, financially.

Can we infer that Ron and Sol aren’t communicating effectively? If so, why not?

On the face of it, this appears to be a lack of communication between the club and the player.

The question is why?

Sol is the man to decide who we want to retain for next season. Ron is the man to say yes or no, financially.

Can we infer that Ron and Sol aren’t communicating effectively? If so, why not?
Has Sol been furloughed? I had always assumed not. BUt if he has the maybe they cannot speak about these matters.

I am confused re who and hasnt been furloughed at Southend.

Back