• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

“I’m confident in my ability and I know I can play higher than League Two.”

Sounds like we'd need promotion for this to be realistic.

Can't see us competing with Millwall, even if we go up. And if we stay down we'd be unlikely to compete with Portsmouth.

There was one Exeter player I was particularly impressed with a couple of weeks ago when we played them and I'm pretty sure it was him so this would be a good signing whatever division we find ourselves in next year.

That's the thing we need promotion to a attract the better players and also there is no wage cap in league one

At £500K I'd suggest he's well out of price range..

They rejected offers for him of this sum in january! Think we should be looking towards the FA market, after we know where we will be playing next season!

I feel if we do win the Playoffs, Bob Shaw will do a good job at recruiting. Craig Mackail-Smith being released could be a decent shout

Giles Coke and Lewis Buxton have been released by Wednesday.
Both are probably above our level, but I'd like Giles Coke if we were in L1.

Isn't Anthony Grant out of contract this summer? I know it's another ex player but he'd be an upgrade on Deegan for that ball winning midfielder IMO plus I think he has an extra dimension to him.

Isn't Anthony Grant out of contract this summer? I know it's another ex player but he'd be an upgrade on Deegan for that ball winning midfielder IMO plus I think he has an extra dimension to him.

Him and Lenny winning millions of free kicks in the middle of the park!

If we go up I would take a look at some of the best/better players of the clubs relegated and try and take some of them, maybe also look at the players of the clubs who fail to go up. But as said no doubt Bob Shaw will have a list of targets already written up for PB for both situations. Other than the short loan of Elliot Lee I am really surprised at the lack of West Ham hot prospects coming to the club with PB's close friendship with Big Sam.

If we go up I would take a look at some of the best/better players of the clubs relegated and try and take some of them, maybe also look at the players of the clubs who fail to go up. But as said no doubt Bob Shaw will have a list of targets already written up for PB for both situations. Other than the short loan of Elliot Lee I am really surprised at the lack of West Ham hot prospects coming to the club with PB's close friendship with Big Sam.

I'm not. Brady dislikes us with a passion

I'd like to see us nick Morecambe's Jack Redshaw. I thought he was decent the last few times I've seen him. He has pace, can score & links well from midfield or up top

Ah yes, I forgot about Baroness Brady.

I dont think she has forgotten 1/1/94 when the whole of Roots Hall were singing Karen Brady is a W**** , Karen Brady is a W**** .:smile::smile::smile:

Back