• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supermarkets

Food glorious food

• Total voters
Aldi all the way - it's like half the price of a Tesco shop and the quality is about the same imo.

The only thing I don't really like is how quickly they scan the items, they go at 100 mph!
My son works at aldi and they are timed on how quickly each customer shopping is scanned

Aldi for main shopping but the Mrs does usually get fruit and veg from green grocers at top of hamlet court road almost every day, also weekends we will go to the butchers and get deals in there as the service is great, the food is always pucker and fresh! and works out about the same price sometimes cheaper than supermarket meat shopping.

Mainly do the food shopping at Waitrose, as despite what people say it's no dearer than Sainsbury or Tesco If you shop carefully. I'm not a snob, they just do a better class of convenience food, as with having 2 kids and a wife who also works there no time to do a 'Delia'. Plus you get a free coffee and it's rarely busy (Leigh on Sea branch) and it's much more civilised - no trolley bargers...

Also use Sainsbury's at Rayleigh Weir.

Try to avoid Asda and Iceland at all costs ! Have been into a Lidl and Aldi but can never find anything, it reminds me of those odd Eastern European hyper markets I use when travelling on business :dim:

The 'rents use Tesco as a rule (it's either that or the Co-op here in the arse end of the middle of nowhere), but I tend to use Sainsburys or Lidl/Aldi (always mix those up) in Gloucester (they're the two closest stores to the place I meet my job coach) on Mondays when I get my own grub as mum and dad are off doing agility with the dogs.

Unless I'm in Cinderford. Then it's Co-op. It's next to the bus stop when I sign on, and Cinderford's a right bloody ********. And you might get lucky and get lunch cheap. If they have any sarnies worth eating that is.

Mainly do the food shopping at Waitrose, as despite what people say it's no dearer than Sainsbury or Tesco If you shop carefully. I'm not a snob, they just do a better class of convenience food, as with having 2 kids and a wife who also works there no time to do a 'Delia'. Plus you get a free coffee and it's rarely busy (Leigh on Sea branch) and it's much more civilised - no trolley bargers...

Also use Sainsbury's at Rayleigh Weir.

Try to avoid Asda and Iceland at all costs ! Have been into a Lidl and Aldi but can never find anything, it reminds me of those odd Eastern European hyper markets I use when travelling on business :dim:

My wife and I both work. Our kids, and us, almost never eat convenience foods. What's more, my wife usually has to go back to work in the evenings, which means time is even shorter than most.

Convenience foods are unhealthy, expensive and don't really save that much time anyway. It doesn't take long to rustle up something nice.

It might be worth watching "Eat Well For Less". It's a genuine eye opener.

My wife and I both work. Our kids, and us, almost never eat convenience foods. What's more, my wife usually has to go back to work in the evenings, which means time is even shorter than most.

Convenience foods are unhealthy, expensive and don't really save that much time anyway. It doesn't take long to rustle up something nice.

It might be worth watching "Eat Well For Less". It's a genuine eye opener.
j

maybe I should pop round yours then...

what times dinner?? :smile:

btw: where having a home made Sunday roast today !

Back