• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Support at Huddersfield....

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
Had yet anothger enjoyable away day with the Blues yesterday in West Yorkshire, and thought the performance, and result, were absolutely top notch.

However, just curious - I can honestly never remember going to an away game where the atmosphere was so quiet - it was, literally, awful!!..... Even when we travel in small numbers, our support is usually extremely vocal, and most of the time, constant for 90 minutes. Yesterday, it was like waking the dea trying to get a song going, and for some reason, only when we scored did we even look like we were going to burst into life.

I would have thought, given the importance of our remaining 6 games, that the fans who travelled a long way would have wanted to spend the time singing ang and getting behind the boys.

Just wondered if anyone had any idea as to why it may have been so quiet? I honestly couldn't think of a single reason. The acoustics at the Galpharm are excellent, there was enough in terms of number (365) to make a noise, and yet, it was deathly quiet. Strange.

Still, on the bright side, yet another 3 points, and we are at the moment, utterly relentless on our quest for that play off spot.... Excellent stuff!

It was very quiet especially in first half.
True blue and his gang who usually get the rest of us singing were sat further down front than normal in first half and seemed quiet by their usual standards.
I thought there was more singing in 2nd half though still quiet compared to most away games.
I think the gap between pitch and stands doesn't help atmosphere.
Apart from the adoelscents in same stand as us, there wasn't an awful lot of noise from the 12k Huddersfield fans either.

I think that the fact we were sharing the stand with huddersfield fans might have had something to do with it. Either that or the fact it was a pretty poor game and as a part time follower of harrogate town i know a boring game when i see one.

Led by their drummer the home fans sharing our stand were in full-flow on our arrival.I guss that if TBV were allowed to share the North Bank at Rootes Hall it would have the intimidating effect.
However I thought that after half-time when we were attacking the goal at 'our' end we were much more vocal and eventually (aided by our goal)were the louder.

TBV gone missing again, unheard of

No need for a comment like that...

Got to pretty much echo the above in terms of reasons as to why we were a bit subdued. I found it strange too. Plus there was only a couple of "Yorkshire Blues" chants and nobody really took them on with the standard reply of "Essex, Essex, Essex".

I thought as well that there was a few of the regular noisy "supporters" who were conspicuous by their absence on Saturday too.

I would like to add that it is not just upto tbv to generate an atmosphere. We all have a apart to play and despite the fact i sit in the east stand we still try to get things going. tbv is an allocated area for singing, but that doesnt mean the rest of the ground shouldnt make the effort. massive game on friday and after scunny losing the final yesterday we have the chance to really put them under pressure b4 they even play again. come guys lets get behind the boys.

Bottom line was about Saturday.....

1. Me and my lot could not get up the back 1st half to get things going its much easier to get an atmosphere going from the back of a stand then from the front.

2. No drum partly my fault I should have picked it up from the club friday.

3. Key men missing, No Girth No Gareth two key people who are involved in every away day atmosphere.

Though second half I managed to move us to the back of there stand where you would have heard such a diffrence!

funniest moment was someone shouting "You really are an obnoxious toad!"... random, but funniest as ****!

Bottom line was about Saturday.....

1. Me and my lot could not get up the back 1st half to get things going its much easier to get an atmosphere going from the back of a stand then from the front.

2. No drum partly my fault I should have picked it up from the club friday.

3. Key men missing, No Girth No Gareth two key people who are involved in every away day atmosphere.

Though second half I managed to move us to the back of there stand where you would have heard such a diffrence!

Sounds like a manager trying to explain away a defeat! ;)

"Like I say, we worked our socks off..."

LoL... That bloke was sitting in front of me, and he was directing it towards the ref.... Have to agree, was an absolute classic comedy monent.... One of the best this season!

haha brilliant! i had no idea who he was shouting it at, but it was possibly at the quietest moment of the game... brilliant!!!

Back