• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Swimming with your work mates?

Options Options Options.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Now I am all for team building and any excuse to pop out the office for the day has got to be a good thing. When I was at Yorkshire we had a days boating which was OK and a LTSB we did a days adventuring round London which sounded good on paper but was in fact cack.

Mrs DtS has advised me that she will not be around for half of next week as she has got team building. Now for my mind this is a good laugh and as she is employed she is getting paid the same so good luck.

I was expecting maybe a bit of a meal or a few stupid team games. Oh-No - Mrs DtS and forty work mates are off on a swimming holiday to Nottingham.

Now for my mind and baring in mind we have some of the worst beasts in the office man kind has ever seen this is a terrbile idea. I cannot see any fun at all in seeing all your fat rough work mates in very little.

Mrs DtS is a bit down about this. I cant work out if I should be positive about things and say it wont be too bad or should I just be honest and say swimming sounds like a terrible team building exercise?

Encourage her mate. It's a few days peace and quiet for you!

Last edited:
Very strange 'Team Building' holiday... :p

Surely someone will make snide comments and do more damage to 'team spirit' than good... (especially if there are any fatties at the office!)

Swimming does seem a very odd thing to do for a team building exercise.
Thankfully or even more so heopfully I can't see my office ever suggesting this.

Ridiculous idea. The only plus points I can see is if it enables her to hold her breath longer, this is assuming she dosen't breath out of her ears ..;)

The company she works for sound a bit low rent.

Please name and shame them.

Last edited:
Strange idea in my opinion, but exactly the sort of things these type of 'blue sky thinking' firms come up with.

Now I am all for team building and any excuse to pop out the office for the day has got to be a good thing. When I was at Yorkshire we had a days boating which was OK and a LTSB we did a days adventuring round London which sounded good on paper but was in fact cack.

Mrs DtS has advised me that she will not be around for half of next week as she has got team building. Now for my mind this is a good laugh and as she is employed she is getting paid the same so good luck.

I was expecting maybe a bit of a meal or a few stupid team games. Oh-No - Mrs DtS and forty work mates are off on a swimming holiday to Nottingham.

Now for my mind and baring in mind we have some of the worst beasts in the office man kind has ever seen this is a terrbile idea. I cannot see any fun at all in seeing all your fat rough work mates in very little.

Mrs DtS is a bit down about this. I cant work out if I should be positive about things and say it wont be too bad or should I just be honest and say swimming sounds like a terrible team building exercise?

I think you miss the point, KtS. Its not your office who is going, its your missus'. Unless you consider seeing your missus in very little a bad thing, then surely its a good thing?

In fact Mrs DtS' boss has probably planned it all so that he/she can make a move on Mrs DtS....

I think you miss the point, KtS. Its not your office who is going, its your missus'. Unless you consider seeing your missus in very little a bad thing, then surely its a good thing?

In fact Mrs DtS' boss has probably planned it all so that he/she can make a move on Mrs DtS....

So, do you think there may be a bit of chinese whispers going on here and it's actually a swinging holiday to Nottingham?

Dave mate, I think Yorkshire is (amost) bang on here and you should probably plan to have words with Mrs DtS' boss. While he may or may not be planning to make a move on anyone, it's quite clear that the boss is keen to see certain members of his staff in swimming costumes.

Seriously, swimming holiday! WTF is that anyway!?

Instruct her forthwith to wear a wet-suit.

Its not like a couple of days away at somewhere like Centre parcs is it? Coz to me that would be classed as a kind of swimming holiday?

Back