• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ gift to say thanks to Tilly.

DTS

The Business
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I had an idea which the mods have kindly given there support too that we as Shrimperzone could get Steve Tilson a gift to say thanks for all he has done and to show our support for our favourite son.

Tilson needs no introudction from me. Needless to say 99% of us felt he had done a good job and should have stayed on and I for one would like to let one of our own no that we appreciate everything.

So I am looking to start a collection to get him a gift from us. I dont know what yet so ideas are welcomed just to say that he may have lost the job but he will never loose the fans.

Personally he was the player I loved as a kid and the feeling stayed the same as a manager. Hoping some of you will be keen to join in. Appreciate its a bit gay but I dont want him to go without knowing the depth of feeling we have for him or how much he made us all feel proud of our clubl.

The Mods being the good chaps they are have agreed to help me collect the cash. You can make a payment via the links in the mods signatures. Please can anyone making a donation leave a message here for Ken so he can reconcile the money and make sure Tilly gets his lot. If your adding cash please feel free to leave a message for Tilly too and we will make sure they are passed onto him.

Paula (Steve's Sister) has kindly said she will help me get anything to him.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Last edited:
yeah I'll give some money now its the least we can do. I fully agree that we should get as many people to do this as possible. whats the money going to go towards getting tilly? whatever it is would be a good idea to take a few pics of him recieving it.

yeah I'll give some money now its the least we can do. I fully agree that we should get as many people to do this as possible. whats the money going to go towards getting tilly? whatever it is would be a good idea to take a few pics of him recieving it.

And if he chooses a 5 girl all in special ??

Ron Martin voodoo doll!

Seriously, I'm in. Would be nice if we had an idea already of what to get him....

As mentioned before a few times, collating all the messages and putting them into a book would be a good idea... they could be copied from FB group which I started as well as from here.

The Owners of ShrimperZone.Com will be adding £50 towards this.

Just donated, I would just like to say, Thanks for the memories and I hope he goes onto to get his dream job. You will always go down in Southend history as a player and manager. All the best in future and we will miss you.

Matt Houghton and family

I think we will leave this running for a week at least Rich to try to get as many as possible to donate.

Steve,

Thanks for the last 6 1/2 years. The teams you built played entertaining and winning football, and that is all any fan can ask for. Your acheivements are too numerous to mention here, but I think it's fair to say that you have staked a claim to be recognised as Southend's greatest ever manager.

You will be missed

Also on a personal note, I've met you a few times and you have never been anything other than a delight to talk to. Much appreciated.

Paul Davies (WCC spinner with the "yips" and a knackered back :))

Count me in for £20, I'll settle up with one of the mods at the Stockport game.

£25 from me Ken - Thanks.

Tilly - Just a short note to say thanks for making us so proud. Having a Southend man at the helm has been amazing, we have had so many great days out and so much of this has been due to you. As a kid I recall seeing Dave Webb as a hero and yet you have IMHO done more than him. As a player and a manager I salute you. Wishing you all the best - Dave Baker

ps - CAN ONE OF THE MODS CHECK IF MINE WAS RECIEVED AS IT CRASHED HALF WAY THROUGH AGAIN......

Last edited:
£25 from me Ken - Thanks.

Tilly - Just a short note to say thanks for making us so proud. Having a Southend man at the helm has been amazing, we have had so many great days out and so much of this has been due to you. As a kid I recall seeing Dave Webb as a hero and yet you have IMHO done more than him. As a player and a manager I salute you. Wishing you all the best - Dave Baker

I think this needs a David Baker poem!

Back