• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Take Over Bid

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The 4th man @ Oct. 12 2004,14:09)]Also our nearest big rivals (West Ham (in terms of finance and catchment area of floating supporters)) has dimished fortunes. We've proved we can make it to a national final, we are the number 1 side in Essex ! And fiscaley we're even starting to make a profit ?

I suppose it could be either us or Brentwood Town fc
biggrin.gif
certainly wont be Canvey after a staggering 360 people turned up to watch their first home win of the season.

Yes I know England were playing.............

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 11 2004,20:18)]Sorry this is a total ****take, no sain person would invest in a football club with heavy debt, a few years left on the stadium lease and no planning permission for a new stadium. Oh and no assets belong to the club. So you don't get that much for ur money.

If we move to FF then we can start looking at takeovers ..
This may be true from a pure business decision perspective. But, if you had the odd £500m of assets and were a football fan surely you would not have to think twice about spending/investing £10m in your team. I know I would.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Oct. 12 2004,15:27)]But, if you had the odd £500m of assets and were a football fan surely you would not have to think twice about spending/investing £10m in your team.  I know I would.
Only 10 million, tight wad, call yourself a fan...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Oct. 12 2004,12:58)]he cites his time at Spurs as one of his few regrets in life.
Could that be because, in all honesty, every single Spurs fan is a total and utter miserable b'stard?

We have not heard a single bloody word from Spurs fans this season? Why? Because they've got nothing to moan about. They're only happy when they're miserable.

No wonder Sugar was so unhappy there...

I'd happy for him to be our "Sugar" daddy...

tounge.gif

Coat on, out the door...

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 13 2004,11:04)]Could that be because, in all honesty, every single Spurs fan is a total and utter miserable b'stard?

We have not heard a single bloody word from Spurs fans this season?  Why?  Because they've got nothing to moan about.  They're only happy when they're miserable.
Not in this office Matt. The Spurs fans here are loving it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Oct. 12 2004,15:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Oct. 12 2004,15:27)]But, if you had the odd £500m of assets and were a football fan surely you would not have to think twice about spending/investing £10m in your team.  I know I would.
Okay, I might just stretch to £15m although it's probably all hypothetical!

tounge.gif

On a related point, I wonder what the Watford fans make of Elton John. Constantly goes on about his love for the club and yet wont pump any of his fast fortune in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Oct. 13 2004,14:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Oct. 12 2004,15:38)]
[b said:
Okay, I might just stretch to £15m although it's probably all hypothetical!

tounge.gif

On a related point, I wonder what the Watford fans make of Elton John.  Constantly goes on about his love for the club and yet wont pump any of his fast fortune in.
didnt he donate the few hundred grand sky paid him for the premiership commercial singing "are you ready". I know its a drop in the ocean for Elton John but still i should imagine well received
rock.gif

will Alan Sugar be interested again?>

Good question. If you love football then #39I think the answer might be yes. Even though Sugar #45& has had a bad experience he might be interested in having another go .......... after all, I've had the odd bad pint but I keep going back for more. :winking:

And if you can fight your #45&way through the financial mire that Ron has in place then S.U.F.C. might be a good place to consider ...... good catchment area, arguably under-performing and with options for #39development.

And I thought I would add the odd "#39" and "#45&" to blend in ........

P.S. Love the spelling of sane earlier on ....... sain :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited:
The necro posting on this board at times :nope:

Mind you, it is fairly interesting :smile:

I have said it for so many years ,Southend has great potential for someone with the money and nous,and what with a 25000 seat stadium. put a good team out there and we could fill that stadium every game.Ask yourself why do people from Southend go watch WH, SPURS , CHELSEA ,ARSENAL ETC.Because of the higher standard of football, and realistically it wouldnt cost a whole lot to begin with to get promotions. SOuthend i think would be a very attractive proposition for the right person.I for one would love to see it happen.Come and be Southends SUGAR daddy ALAN , sry for the pun

I have no idea whether this is just rumour or wishful thinking, but it would not be so insane of Sugar. What heavy debt? Oh you mean those created accounts that keep us tied to the whims of our landlords and which can be dissolved as quickly as they were invented. Few years on the stadium lease? Not if he bought it lock, stock and Barrett. No assets? Well the stadium once he has bought it would be an asset. Our landlords can make a shed load developing FF and would undoubtedly have greater problems with Roots Hall. They may well get shot of it. Sugar or anyone else with the money may be shrewd enough to know that we are a sleeping giant (relatively). With the development between ourselves and London in the last three decades we have the potential and catchment to do extremely well and for a fraction of the cost Tottenham was.

Who is this smart arse Rabbloke?:unsure: Mind you he is so right.

Well said I have heard many Many times about the crazy game of money ! corruption bad management hypocrisy involved in football ! and that no sane person would get involved in football .

Well said I have heard many Many times about the crazy game of money ! corruption bad management hypocrisy involved in football ! and that no sane person would get involved in football .

No sane person would support most football teams ......we do because we're nuts in the first place .....

Back