• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tes Bramble

palexander

Life President
For those that didnt come onto the official sites board whilst SZ was down and do not know...

Tes Bramble is a FULL international now!

He played for Montserat last Tuesday in a CONCACAF game after being called up by manager Ruel Fox. Not only an international cap, but an international goal too as he opened the scoring in a 4-5 defeat for the worst ranked international side in the world - they are that bad that Ruel Fox actually scored the 2nd!

Now, I still find this incredible as Tilly and the club kept saying Bramble was still injured - but unless they didnt know then he was actually half-way round the world playing in an international tournament!

Still waiting for some sort of word from the club on it as I think they should make a deal of this for Tes to get some more publicity.

TES-FAYE BRAMBLE IS AN INTERNATIONAL
cool.gif
laugh.gif

There was no let on from Tilly yesterday. He came across to sign some autographs for the front row of the Greens and being as I sit on the 2nd row, I heard what he said. Tes came out to warm up so Tilly called out for him to come and sign these, the little kid said to Tes "well played in goal the other week" to which Tilly replied "yeah, he's been a nightmare, we haven't seen him since" and they both laughed.

Shame the club didn't milk this on the Official Site. Strange they kept it completely to themselves.
rock.gif

As a few of us have always said, Tes is a legend, and now he's an International to boot!
tounge.gif

At 205th out of 205 in the FIFA rankings, I suggest Montserret will accept anyone with some footballing talent who has been within 1000 miles of the island ...

WS

Can see your point WS, but is there not rules of eligibility. Do you not have to of resided there for a couple of years or had parents from there etc....

Cant believe it, it may be the case one day where tes is unavailable due to international call up!!..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Nov. 07 2004,14:00)]There was no let on from Tilly yesterday. He came across to sign some autographs for the front row of the Greens and being as I sit on the 2nd row, I heard what he said. Tes came out to warm up so Tilly called out for him to come and sign these, the little kid said to Tes "well played in goal the other week" to which Tilly replied "yeah, he's been a nightmare, we haven't seen him since" and they both laughed.

Shame the club didn't milk this on the Official Site. Strange they kept it completely to themselves.
rock.gif

As a few of us have always said, Tes is a legend, and now he's an International to boot!
tounge.gif
Yup!! I sang 'Tes Bramble is an International' on my own yesterday afternoon and got a few wierd and confused looks ...

Kev

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Nov. 07 2004,16:10)]Can see your point WS, but is there not rules of eligibility. Do you not have to of resided there for a couple of years or had parents from there etc....
His family may have an ancestral history with the island. I think eligibility runs back two generations so if his grandparents came from there, he would be eligible to play.

There is a town called 'Bramble' on the eastern side of the island :

Montmap2.gif

It's about two miles inland from Spanish Point on the eastern coast. Maybe Tes Bramble's links to the island are more than tenuous ...

WS

Is this a huge wind up or 100% truth??? I gotta know?! cause if it is he's worst full international since Carlton Palmer!

2005 CONCACAF GOLD CUP™ QUALIFYING
Caribbean Football Union – Digicel Cup
First Round
Group F – Basseterre, ST. KITTS & NEVIS; Warner Park
02.11.2004: MONTSERRAT – ANTIGUA & BARBUDA 4:5 (2:1)
Tesfaye BRAMBLE 36’; Ruel FOX 41’; Junior MENDES 50’; Vladimir FARREL 61’ – OG 30’; Kelly FREDERICK 53’; Garfield GONSALVES 67’, 82’; Tamarlie THOMAS 72’
Booked: Pete PHYLL 74’ – Ashton CYRILLIEN 10’, Lennox JULIAN 58’, Carl CARR 89’
R: George PHILLIP (GRN)

Source : CONCACAF Site

At the beginning of October 2004, Ruel agreed to help the Carribean island of Montserrat trhough coaching and identifying players in Britain eligible to play for the footballing minnows. "I shall be looking at the lower divisions in this country to find some players and one player that springs to mind is Tes Bramble at Southend." Montserrat are expected to make their bow in the qualifying stages for the World Cup in 2010. Whitton will be left in the safe hands of Fox's number two Ronnie Mauge whilst Fox is with Montserrat.

Source : Flown from the Nest - Ruel Fox

I know it's hard to believe ...

WS

Well I never........ Good chance for some more publicity missed out on I feel, not even mentioned?! He the 1st Southend player to be a full international while still in our colours?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Nov. 07 2004,19:34)]Well I never........ Good chance for some more publicity missed out on I feel, not even mentioned?! He the 1st Southend player to be a full international while still in our colours?
Nope. I think there were a few before him - Ronnie Whelan (Republic of Ireland) and Derek Spence (Northern Ireland) come instantly to mind ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Nov. 07 2004,19:34)]Good chance for some more publicity missed out on I feel, not even mentioned?!
That's the mystery. Maybe the Club thought it unwise to release such information when it was thought by all and sundry that Bramble was injured?

WS

I'm not knocking the guy, good player for a League 2 team, but in the scheme of things not exactly Rooney standard, also if Tes is eligible wouldn't Titus also be? why wasn't he playing?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Nov. 07 2004,19:45)]I'm not knocking the guy, good player for a League 2 team, but in the scheme of things not exactly Rooney standard, also if Tes is eligible wouldn't Titus also be? why wasn't he playing?
Montserrat don't exactly set the footballing world ablaze though. 205th out of 205 FIFA-registered footballing federations speaks for itself. Therefore a player of Tes Bramble's stature as a striker in Level 4 in the English game holds quite well for Montserrat.

As for Titus? Well, he played a handful of games for England at Under-21 level which may well make him ineligible to play for another association but I'll have to check.

WS

Ahh this topic is great! Tes full internatial Titus under 21's!!! Football is a weird game!

Mike Lapper. Thought he was playing for the US while at us.

Finally, I can hold my head up high when talking to my Torquay fan mate. Been well jealous of his full international striker.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Nov. 07 2004,20:04)]Mike Lapper.  Thought he was playing for the US while at us.
I believe he retired from international duty in early 1995; he joined us in the summer of that year ...

WS

Back