• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That Freddie thing

Elvis

I have a funny feeling that the reason Fred was played on Monday was to put him in the shop window! As far as I was aware it was Ron Martin who put in the appeal not Tilly, the whole thing seems a bit strange, no way was that a football decision.. mind you the FA have alot to answer for because if I not mistaken Nobby Solano appealed over his red card and was turned down but no extra game ban (let me know if I'm wrong)...

I think people are reading far too much into Freddy's appeal. Ron has given his resons for it - he believed it to be harsh. We're hardly flush with strikers, if Ron was trying to sell Eastwood then, frankly, I would be staggered.

The extra game thing is apparantly a first. Can you imagine them trying to do this to Chelski or ARSEnal? Double standards by bully-boy @rseholes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Elvis @ Aug. 27 2005,18:22)]Nobby Solano appealed over his red card and was turned down but no extra game ban  (let me know if I'm wrong)...
But did Nobby Salano and his manager both admit to it being a justified red card?

Nope.

If Freddie started the game I could see your point, it seemed to me that Tilly wanted him to miss the cup game (comments before the game) and Ron wanted him to play. Why would the chairman stick his nose unless their was another reason ... "shop window".
Also this striker business is getting me down, how comes other teams seem to be able to pick up players and we can't. We have enough barstaff, stewards, shop workers ..ect who work for the football club but not enough Footballers ... very strange.

Or could it be that after thoughts and talks with Freddy, the management team honestly thought they could win the appeal, rather than increase the ban ?
I agree its harsh to increase it by one match, but its done, could we not appeal against the appeal
laugh.gif

Back