• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite Sc-fi Film

• Total voters

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I am a big fan of films in general and in particular sci-fi.

So i put it to you the shrimperzone faithful what is the best ever sci-fi film/s (sequels etc)

Its tough and there are loads of films that i like but i have to say the best are the ones that are ahead of there time and age brilliantly and have a story that is possible and beleivable. With that i am going to vote the :

Terminator films as possibly the best sci-fi films made.

For those of you who dont know the film or what its about the let me enlighten you.

Its basically the story of what happens when we build computers so inteligent that when they are left in charge of our defences they decide to eliminate humanity by nuking everything leaving very little of anything left including humans.

Sometime after this occurance the remaining humans start an uprising and start to smash the terminators (human looking robots) which have been built by the machines in factorys to destroy the remaining humans.

Aware that the future is looking bleak the computer (skynet) decides to send a terminator back through time to kill the mother of the resistance leader which is leading a present day resistence.

The humans aware of this and fearful of the consequences send there own human fighter back to protect this women and her unborn child.

I wont give too much more away but what ensues is a fantastic movie where david in the guise of the human fighter is pitted against goliath in the shape of leather clad super pumped Schwarzeneger to save this every day women and preserving future humanity . And with only weapons of that time period (1984) available stopping this machine will not be easy.

Like i said there are many sci-fi movies and sequals trilogies and more which people will say are better and that maybe the case but for me the stories still hold up , maybe more so given technological advances.

So lets discuss some sci-fi

Last edited:
If Back to the Future counts as Sci-Fi then definitely that on the basis of it being the greatest film that has ever been made.

There have been so many sci-fi films that have been truly awesome that it's hard to name just one. Here's a few of my favourites:

Alien
Back to the future
Terminator
The Matrix
Blade Runner

For all you sci-fi buffs check out one of the first ever sci-fi films made called Metropolis. It was directed by a German guy called Fritz Lang in 1927 but was light years ahead of it's time. It set the scene for the sci-fi films of today and is well worth a watch.

There have been so many sci-fi films that have been truly awesome that it's hard to name just one. Here's a few of my favourites:

Alien
Back to the future
Terminator
The Matrix
Blade Runner

For all you sci-fi buffs check out one of the first ever sci-fi films made called Metropolis. It was directed by a German guy called Fritz Lang in 1927 but was light years ahead of it's time. It set the scene for the sci-fi films of today and is well worth a watch.

The Matrix is a great call.

I feel A poll coming on.

Westworld.
Planet of the apes.
2001 - A space odyssey.

I am also a fan of The black hole but it isn't regarded as a classic.

Last edited:
Star Wars 4,5,6: For a 7 year old kid, I'd seen nothing like it and it had a massive impact on me. I reckon I've seen all 3 over 100 times.

In retrospect I guess they're not GREAT films unlike Blade Runner or Alien but they had a huge impact.

Oh yeah, Lucas should be shot for the dismal toss of 1,2,3.

Last edited:
has to be the original star wars. although i wasn't around when it first came out my dad has the box set dvd and its great to watch.

he also has the box set back to the future which is pretty good as well.

Star Wars is great however you've missed out the all time best which is Fifth Element

Not that I'm any expert on this genre but wasn't there a series of Star Trek films as well? I'm sure I remember one called Search for Spock.

Back