• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And to be fair, as much as I love BBBC he has hardly set league 2 alight since he left us....prefer what we now have.
In fairness Corr was well on his way to 20 goals last season before a serious injury that kept him out for about three-quarters of this season!

The contract situation with us was farcical. He wanted to stay but couldn't get hold of Ron or PB despite several attempts because they were on holiday. The fact they didn't realise he'd gone until they returned was laughably unprofessional.

Obviously Ranger and Fortune are upgrades but it took beyond a whole season to find them. We should have extended Corr's contract earlier in the promotion season.

In fairness Corr was well on his way to 20 goals last season before a serious injury that kept him out for about three-quarters of this season!

The contract situation with us was farcical. He wanted to stay but couldn't get hold of Ron or PB despite several attempts because they were on holiday. The fact they didn't realise he'd gone until they returned was laughably unprofessional.

Obviously Ranger and Fortune are upgrades but it took beyond a whole season to find them. We should have extended Corr's contract earlier in the promotion season.

Not only are Fortune and Ranger upgrades so is Cox. So had we offered him the 2 year contract he wanted we would have got less than half a seasons football from him due to injury or getting better players in.

Given his injury record we were right to only offer him a 1 year contract.

Not only are Fortune and Ranger upgrades so is Cox. So had we offered him the 2 year contract he wanted we would have got less than half a seasons football from him due to injury or getting better players in.

We gave Moons a 2 year deal...that worked out well:winking:

If he wanted to stay that much surely he would have waited a week or so for a holiday to finish??

A serious challenge for a championship place cannot be based on your number 1 striker being injury prone.

Nothing but praise for Corr while he was here, and his determination through his serious injuries, and I do wish him well in the remainder of his career.

Yes because the deal we offered him wasn't very good,he had no choice but to leave.

Your original comment alluded to him leaving because he didn't like playing for PB please make your mind up !

I'm glad the club didn't buckle to the contractual demands of Corr and Hunt.

Ron & PB might have their faults, but if they don't think someone is up to what's required, they won't cave in to demands.

Kudos.

Fortune and Ranger are target men, hence the comparison with Corr. Cox is a number 10 and a bloody good one!

If he wanted to stay that much surely he would have waited a week or so for a holiday to finish??

A serious challenge for a championship place cannot be based on your number 1 striker being injury prone.

Nothing but praise for Corr while he was here, and his determination through his serious injuries, and I do wish him well in the remainder of his career.
Well, if my contract was about to end, two of my bosses were nonchalant about a renewal and wouldn't answer my calls, and a different company contacted me after browsing my CV, saying what an asset I'd be to them, I'd seriously consider moving companies regardless of loyalty.

Yet we dropped 16 points against those 3 badly managed clubs.

Gills under Scally have been chopping and changing all the time,plus yo yoing between league 1 and 2.
Vale are by many accounts broke.
Shrews are a small club where league 1 survival is indeed success for them.

Odd thing is had we won at Gillingham & still lost at Shrewsbury, then Gills would have gone down.
Likewise lost at Gills, and had we won at Shrewsbury they would have been relegated!.
And obviously we'd be talking about our game this Thursday!.

We gave Moons a 2 year deal...that worked out well:winking:

Mooney's injury this year was unexpected (I'm assuming that's your point since the reason Corr was only offered 1 year was fitness concerns not quality ones).

Genuine question.

Who would you keep from the current squad and lets have half a dozen names of players we can afford and have no fitness issues who you would sign to improve the squad and put us in a position to finish higher than seventh next season?

First and foremost lets hear who would improve at this level on Cox ('done ok')

So easy to criticize, deafening silence when asked to name names as an alternative.
Bye.

I appreciate the point about clubs signing players earlier - yet finishing behind us.
Though...we were dreadful for first six weeks. What if...we signed players with six weeks longer to gel?
Just saying!

I appreciate the point about clubs signing players earlier - yet finishing behind us.
Though...we were dreadful for first six weeks. What if...we signed players with six weeks longer to gel?
Just saying!

Wordsworth and Timlin couldn't start the season because of injuries. When Ranger started his first game someone landed on his ankle after 20 minutes. Even that bit of bad luck had a big effect on the few league games and possible our season.

So easy to criticize, deafening silence when asked to name names as an alternative.
Bye.

Sorry for the delay I had to go to the 02 to watch Ed Sheeran!

As for names being bandied about,that is pretty pointless.

My point is we need guys signed up before the season begins,we need to use the transfer window wisely.

Brian is the scout,he should know,ask him.

Why is this pointless thread continuing.
As RHB alluded to earlier , it's just a re hash of the same negative crap we've seen all season.
Yes , everyone is entitled to their opinions , but I ( like most ) prefer to look at the positives of the team I love and not continue to snipe and dig at the Manager.
We have improved in terms of league position , style of play and probably off the pitch too.
Our best players ( Bentley and Paynd in the past , probably Leonard and Coker in the future ) leave us.
This is nothing to do with an inept Manager or Chairman or sneaky agents.
Its a combination of players wanting to better themselves in terms of finances and performing at a higher level.
This had happened since the dawn of time and will continue.
My team have done superbly this season , and thus type of thread a day or two after the season ends is appalling.
I won't be replying to the blinkered poster who started it , but will end on 'Cox did ok' - quite a stunning statement of stupidity IMO ( not fact )

Why is this pointless thread continuing.
As RHB alluded to earlier , it's just a re hash of the same negative crap we've seen all season.
Yes , everyone is entitled to their opinions , but I ( like most ) prefer to look at the positives of the team I love and not continue to snipe and dig at the Manager.
We have improved in terms of league position , style of play and probably off the pitch too.
Our best players ( Bentley and Paynd in the past , probably Leonard and Coker in the future ) leave us.
This is nothing to do with an inept Manager or Chairman or sneaky agents.
Its a combination of players wanting to better themselves in terms of finances and performing at a higher level.
This had happened since the dawn of time and will continue.
My team have done superbly this season , and thus type of thread a day or two after the season ends is appalling.
I won't be replying to the blinkered poster who started it , but will end on 'Cox did ok' - quite a stunning statement of stupidity IMO ( not fact )

You wrote all that on a thread you think is pointless....bravo bravo bravo !

People have forgotten a number of points were dropped at the beginning of the season by unconvincing goalkeeping of Oxley and his communication with the back four ,which resulted in one home game where the opposition were shooting at every opportunity knowing he was at bag of nerves.Although he improved before his injury I still believe this position is a weakness with Ted not quite there yet and has to be sorted out .Remember the points thrown away at start were just as important in the long run

People have forgotten a number of points were dropped at the beginning of the season by unconvincing goalkeeping of Oxley and his communication with the back four ,which resulted in one home game where the opposition were shooting at every opportunity knowing he was at bag of nerves.Although he improved before his injury I still believe this position is a weakness with Ted not quite there yet and has to be sorted out .Remember the points thrown away at start were just as important in the long run
Yet Teds replacement , who played 7 and lost 4, was felt to be an improvement ....

Yet Teds replacement , who played 7 and lost 4, was felt to be an improvement ....

Ted is going to be decent,just not ready yet IMO....he would flourish having a season long loan at conference level or league 2.

Ted is going to be decent,just not ready yet IMO....he would flourish having a season long loan at conference level or league 2.

That is the very last thing that Ted needs or wants. I'm amazed how little you understand.

Back