• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The County Championship crap batting thread (formerly Derbyshire 9/6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Derbyshire were 9/6 and I am talking score rather than odds.

Not a Pakistani in sight either.

Have now recovered to 31/8 and have avoided the ignomy of Statski's SorrySurrey, who were once bowled out for 14 by the mighty Essex.

To be fair Gloucs are 30/4 in reply, meaning 14 wickets have fallen for 74 in just 26.1 overs.

I would imagine the pitch inspectors are hot-footing it to Bristol as we speak...

I doubt there's much wrong with the pitch, just a bit of cloud in the sky and batting techniques that can't cope with a bit of swing. They're just two teams with awful batting line-ups.

If I was a pitch inspector, I'd live in Bristol. Would cut down on a lot of travel!

19 wickets and it's not even tea yet at Bristol.

With a healthy lead of 112, more than twice Derbys first innings score, Gloucestershire should be looking at wrapping this up this evening.

I appreciate that I'm the only one engrossed in this game, but Gloucestershire are 26/5 31/6 chasing 125 to win.

Forget the Pitch Inspectors, send out the ICC Anti-Corruption Unit!

Pitch Inspector did visit, but said it was a perfectly good track, just carp batting on both sides...

Ha, Gloucs are batting in Binary :)

Gloucs now 58/9, of which Hamish Marshall got 44. Extras are next top score with 5.

I wonder if this will be a record for the lowest 1st innings score to win a match....

Gloucs now 58/9, of which Hamish Marshall got 44. Extras are next top score with 5.

I wonder if this will be a record for the lowest 1st innings score to win a match....

I suspect not, as there were some crazy low-scoring 19th Century matches, but it is certainly one of the strangest scorecards of the last 100 years.

The "batsman" at the crease at the moment (and I use the term in its loosest sense) has a first class average of 3.75 (lower than Chris Martin). He also has a LOI average of 3.75, so you can't help but admire his consistency.

He is now 2nd top-scorer in the innings and has scored more than 3 times as many as the third top scorer.

I suspect not, as there were some crazy low-scoring 19th Century matches, but it is certainly one of the strangest scorecards of the last 100 years.
Yep, some weird scores back then due to wet pitches etc, but I would say it's definitely the lowest since pitches were covered.

At least KP will have something to chase. Wonder what the odds on him getting a ton are ?

Forgot he was playing.

Let's hope Rory Hamilton-Brown does the honourable thing and gets out early to let us watch Davies and Capey.

If Capey was to do a Ravi and get a double-hundred, do you think England will recall him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back