• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
Dont know if your aware but the steps next to blue voice section had a massive crush at final whistle.

I was at the bottom of it with 2 other lads one was John Campbell and the other I dont know.

However all 3 of us was on the floor and the stewards should of opened the gates instead of closing them as this put massive pressure on us 3.

The amount of brusies and cuts I have is unreal this morning but the main point of this thread is the third guy.

I was on his leg and he was crying in pain and I could not move but his leg was well bent back and I am just hoping he is ok.

Anyone know who is was and is he ok?

Paul Y said there was crushing in that area and I imagine he's been talking to the club about it. Hope you are ok?

Was down there myself, horrendous crush which the stewards did not cope with well, they all seemed to be looking for someone to make a decision, but in the meantime more and more fans were streaming down from the back ( not blaming you guys ) when they finally opened the gates it relieved the pressure.
We went on the pitch then and I thought I saw the lad get up and join in, but not 100% sure.

Paul Y said there was crushing in that area and I imagine he's been talking to the club about it. Hope you are ok?

Yeah fine, it was not anyone fault in that area apart from the stewards which I hate to say!!

Everyone started running on pitch from south and family stand and this made everyone wanting to do it. Stewards opened the gates then as everyone was streaming on they closed it which caused everyone at the front to be crushed and they could all see the pain we was all under at the front but no one made a decision

It could of been very serious situation but am glad everyone is ok but stewarding on something like that needs sorting

People were standing in the aisle throughout the game, I was surprised that the stewards didn't do anything about it.

Must've been horrible at the bottom of the crush, didn't realise anybody was seriously hurt at the time. Hope everyone is alright.

I honestly thought i was going to get crushed to the floor, people were falling like dominoes. Don't get why the stewards didn't open the gates straight away!

The crush before the game to stand near The Blue Voice was bad enough! I went and sat/stood in the middle of Block V instead (My ticket was in Block V but couldn't get to it due to the Blue Voice... The Stewards didn't handle the crowding of Block W at all last night...

Back