• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thanks for this. Have been having a look at the Facilities sections within ther Youth Development Ruls PDF document from the FA. and and the requirement mentioned aboove is also applicable to Cat 3&4......

269.11. Classrooms
Categories 3 & 4

Access for Academy Players and Trialists to a study area large enough to hold 20 people and which contains at least 20 computers with internet access.
Note: in Category 3 and 4 Academies, this may also be used as the team meeting room provided that the timetabling of lessons in the classrooms allows​

The detail being at the bottom. In Cat 3/4 it can be a multi-purpose room, but in Cat 2 and above it needs to be a room solely used for the purpose of players receiving their education.

The detail being at the bottom. In Cat 3/4 it can be a multi-purpose room, but in Cat 2 and above it needs to be a room solely used for the purpose of players receiving their education.

Indeed. And that at Cat 2 there must be 2 Class rooms one of which must comply with Dept for Eduaction specs..

However, looking at the Requirments for level 3, it is quite impressive that we have the facilites to match/exceed. I'm surprised at what is actaully required to meet this category level..

I might (if i get the time) post what facilies we have as a club to meet the cat 3 so others on here can see the detail...

According to the FA's youth development rules related to indoor facilities:

Category One and Two clubs must have: One indoor pitch measuring a minimum of 60 yards by 40 yards which shall be owned by the Club (or alternatively the Club must have a legally enforceable agreement with the owner of the facility for its use by the Club, expiring not earlier than the end of the current Season) and which shall be for the exclusive use of the Academy at all times.

That last line is all-important. As the Play Football centre isn't exclusive to us, it wouldn't count towards what we'd need for Cat 2.

It's also worth bearing in mind that for Category 2 you need to have a room for match analysis large enough to host 20 people and all the necessary equipment, and a classroom large enough for 20 students and 20 computers with internet access. It's been a long, long time since I've been down to B&L but I'm fairly sure we don't have that luxury either.
Not sure if I am missing the point, but play football does not have an indoor pitch so I don't understand why people are mentioning it.

The original stadium plans had a full size indoor pitch, state of the art gym and player accomodattion. .Shows how far we have fallen 're our plans for the future

Back