• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Emperor's new clothes

Hong Kong Blue

Slight twist on DtS's excellent thread, as suggested by Firestorm.

His nominations were Shane Westley and John Keeley.

My nominations would be:

Flahavan - I see a midget shotstopper who is dodgy at crosses; everyone else sees the best keeper in the division. (although at the moment he's playing his best football of his Southend career)

Julian Hails - I saw a lightweight, thunderbird wannabe, not good enough to be a winger so hidden away at right-back; everyone else sees player of the year.

Keith Dublin - I saw a player responsible for conceding approximately 80 goals a season in all but one of his seasons at Roots Hall; others saw a player good enough to play league football.

Every youth team product since approximately 1991 (except Leo Roget and Leon Johnson) - I see a lightweight teenage with a fairly decent touch, but nothing special and far too easily knocked off the ball; everyone else sees a future England international.

Drewe Broughton - I saw a lumbering centre forward with the touch of a rapist and the mobility of an 80 year old without their mobility scooter; everyone else sees a Southend legend.

So what are your nominations. Does anyone not rate Freddy, did anyone think Brett was a donkey and Crown and Cadette overrated?