• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Crawliano

LADYCHARMER80
What a load of horse**** compared to last week.

That's the drama people want. Not some **** wideboy and his team of hardly deserving prem players barely turning out.

We showed the magic of the cup. Imagine that in an FA Cup final, they'd be showing it for years to come.

LEAGUE ONE YOU ****ING BEAUTIES!!! LEAGUE ****ING ONE!

Didn't even bother with it. Only heard the result at about 7.45pm and thought, oh. Absolutely no interest in premiership teams or the games they take part in, at home or in Europe. I'm more interested in grave stone etchings, and I don't do grave stone etchings.

Just to underline my point...

We won at Wembley. After equalising when the ref could have whistled for full time.

Then did it on pens.

Just saying. JUST ****ING SAYING.

COYB!!

Last week I watched the best game of football I've ever watched. The FA cup final was on this week. Both started at 2.30 am local time. Geez I'm glad I was fast asleep this week!!!

Since football has been promoted by sky so we see football all the time , the magic of FA Cup Saturday has since long died. When I was younger I loved the whole day, regardless who played. This was always the greatest build up, including reporters staying in the hotel with the teams, helicopters following the coaches on the way to the ground, these memories will never be experienced again and majority of the magic of the whole day died for me when football on tv was no longer a treat !

Does anyone know if there was any particular reason it was as late a kick off as it was, or was that another decision to be laid at Sky's doorstep? I did watch, and felt for the Villa fans, it reminded me of our match against Crewe somewhat. Seemed very odd to have this so late in the season, I reckoned it was two weekends later than it used to be, didn't the Play Off finals used to be the last matches of the season?

Watched most of both Final's. Silly to deny that the skills yesterday were not high..............well, at least, from Arsenal. Yet the excitement level was about nil, especially after they had scored their first goal. Oh! we won the FA Cup again!!! Our game was pretty poor in quality but the excitement levels, during extra-time and penalities, was off the graph! :smile:

What a load of horse**** compared to last week.

That's the drama people want. Not some **** wideboy and his team of hardly deserving prem players barely turning out.

We showed the magic of the cup. Imagine that in an FA Cup final, they'd be showing it for years to come.

LEAGUE ONE YOU ****ING BEAUTIES!!! LEAGUE ****ING ONE!

Not a comment about the match as it was predictable and boring. What I want to know is how horse**** got through Ricey's swear filter - Outrageous!!

I thought the FA Cup final was an exceptional display of passing, flowing, total control footie by Arsenal against a poor Villa. It showed that Delph is NOT an England quality player and that Walcott has improved with his left foot.
Could/should have been 7 or 8 nil.
Like other poster these matches MUST be at 3pm Saturday kick offs.

I thought the FA Cup final was an exceptional display of passing, flowing, total control footie by Arsenal against a poor Villa. It showed that Delph is NOT an England quality player and that Walcott has improved with his left foot.
Could/should have been 7 or 8 nil.
Like other poster these matches MUST be at 3pm Saturday kick offs.

As a kid I would plan my day around BBC and ITV, depending what they were showing in terms of match build up. I just couldn't get enough of the pre match stuff. Maybe a quick trip to the shops for my mum, and watch the streets empty as people hurried home for the game.

Now? .....I genuinely had forgotten even what time K/O was, and truthfully, I didn't even see the first half as I had to drop Mrs RHB off for a meal with her mates. What a difference to the previous Saturday.

Agreed,

The match was dreadful/boring/tedious..Pigs goal =1 second..Pen shoot out = 5 minutes...all good,sadly the rest was terrible.

How can you say it was terrible? Southend were playing at Wembley!!!! Sure for 119 minutes the actual match wasnt spectacular but it was always going to be a tight game with nothing in it considering what was at stake.

At the end of the day the fans want close competitive games. Sky and other greed merchants tell us it's all about the skill and having the best players in the world to watch. After a while the skill becomes boring.

Back