• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

the first in a new series of where are they now.......southend fans that is

Hi Kev,

Andy here. I live in Suffolk now but still a home and away regular (South Upper seaso). Still some of my other Basildon mates about. Always amazes me how many of those old faces you still see on our travels (now very old faces?).

I seem to remember someone telling me you'd buggered off to sunnier climes; you back now or bothering us from a distance :smile:

See you soon :)

Hi Kev,

Andy here. I live in Suffolk now but still a home and away regular (South Upper seaso). Still some of my other Basildon mates about. Always amazes me how many of those old faces you still see on our travels (now very old faces?).

I seem to remember someone telling me you'd buggered off to sunnier climes; you back now or bothering us from a distance :smile:

See you soon :)

Back ....at least for a while!!
Glad you are still about and of course I'll see you "soon"..ha ha.

Paul Strutt, Tim Fawkes and myself were regulars on the away coaches in the late 80's early 90's - probably kept ourselves to ourselves to be honest - must of been the Appleton school clique !
There was a lady called Marion and a bloke with a fantastic blond perm called Chris who ran the coaches for a while if I remember.

Paul Strutt, Tim Fawkes and myself were regulars on the away coaches in the late 80's early 90's - probably kept ourselves to ourselves to be honest - must of been the Appleton school clique !
There was a lady called Marion and a bloke with a fantastic blond perm called Chris who ran the coaches for a while if I remember.

Me and Strutty are still top mates to this day, still see Chris & Marion about both at football and cricket

God she got on my nerves. Once said she didn't want promotion to Division 3 as it was more friendly in Division 4.

Err me..if in the country!

Chopper?

Funnily enough, apart from an unofficial coach Spotter organised to Doncaster I don't remember you travelling by coach much. I imagined you got to away games by Bentley.

I do remember you in a couple of the Spotter Hooli-vans to the 'Shots away and PNE. The 'Shots one was where about 20 of us were cammed into the back of a no-seats transit and the spliffs were doing teh rounds. When we arrived at teh ground we were greeted by the OB and all-spilled out the back of the van, with the evidence on the floor of the transit, but a blind eye was shown.

Funnily enough, apart from an unofficial coach Spotter organised to Doncaster I don't remember you travelling by coach much. I imagined you got to away games by Bentley.

I do remember you in a couple of the Spotter Hooli-vans to the 'Shots away and PNE. The 'Shots one was where about 20 of us were cammed into the back of a no-seats transit and the spliffs were doing teh rounds. When we arrived at teh ground we were greeted by the OB and all-spilled out the back of the van, with the evidence on the floor of the transit, but a blind eye was shown.

Actually some truth. I was banned from Supporters coaches by The brothers/Phil Esdaile in late 1980 after an incident-packed visit to Darlo.W
So, yea...the few coach trips after were on Spotter Tours.

Bentley?? Travelled in various forms but never a Bentley!!

Yes, one of a few great days out to Shots!! No seats..that was classic travel. Good days!

Actually some truth. I was banned from Supporters coaches by The brothers/Phil Esdaile in late 1980 after an incident-packed visit to Darlo.

Regret you can't pin that one on the brothers Kev, they decided to resign from the committee after I was asked to take over the running of the coaches.

The banning order came from the football club on the basis that plod were involved, you may recall that despite being top of the table we would do well to have 30 on the away coaches in those days so the four of you were all missed!

Back