• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agree, that Tilson is soley responsible, but this is a crazy situation. My only dissapointment is that it still doesnt really clear up WHY there is the problem.

BUT, to have only 4 (3 if you include Barney) subs at an away game in Leeds is crazy. Tilson needs to smell the coffee. We needs players and bodies. Please Tilson see common sense and get the guy playing.

Does it matter?

It's nothing to do with us. The point is that there is a problem.

Its everything to do with us. I pay my season ticket, have done so for 29 years. I wanted to know why we are paying the wages of someone who is not being played. Tilson is a c**k if he cant be big enough to play the guy. I dont care what goes on in peoples private lifes, THATS NOT OUR BUSINESS, but the team is. I love this football club and want us to succeed. for that to happen we need players ift and playing. at the mo. Foran is fit and should at least make the bench.

Anyway, i posted that response from RON because i thought it would answer a few questions.

Its everything to do with us. I pay my season ticket, have done so for 29 years. I wanted to know why we are paying the wages of someone who is not being played. Tilson is a c**k if he cant be big enough to play the guy. I dont care what goes on in peoples private lifes, THATS NOT OUR BUSINESS, but the team is. I love this football club and want us to succeed. for that to happen we need players ift and playing. at the mo. Foran is fit and should at least make the bench.

Anyway, i posted that response from RON because i thought it would answer a few questions.

And you think that Tilson doesn't love the team and doesn't want to see us succeed? And that gives you the right to call him a ****?

If Tilson thought that Foran could bring anything to our team I have no doubt that he would play him, but frankly I doubt Foran would break sweat playing for SUFC and if Tilson wants him kept away from the playing squad then so be it.

FORAN IS NOT THE ANSWER TO OUR PROBLEMS!!!

well said that man, my feelings exactly ( apart from Tilson being a c**k )

The point is this. All we do know is that there was a problem but that the club aren't prepared to talk about what that problem was. The club might not be able to talk about it. Announcing it publicly might then cause further upset to someone and even cause further problems. We can also probably deduce that any problem that did occur was insufficient to allow us to cancel the player's contract.

We can also see that it was sure as hell enough of a problem to make Tilson refuse to let Foran anywhere near the first team squad even though it might contribute to putting his own job on the line.

As for what you've said in bold, I find that beyond contempt and you need to take a long hard look at yourself pal. You might not agree with the stance he's taken, but I find it appalling that you're calling one of the finest players and most successful managers this club has ever had a ****. Show some ****ing respect.

However we really don't want Ron intervening in team selection. If Tilly succeeds or fails he has to do it by his decisions and his only.

Yeah this is increasingly bugging me too. I hope he knows where the line in the sand is drawn.

And another thing people...

CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT FORAN NOW LIKE HE'S A ****ING ONE-MAN BRAZILIAN SIDE.

He's obviously not part of our plans and as such not deserving of about 37 threads on here (or indeed his future at the Club being the primary issue of concern we have right now everytime we talk about Tilly / Martin's faults).

Ta.

I think in other industry Mr Foran might have grounds for contructive dismissal but i get the feeling he isn't that bothered about playing either.

This is a very good point - do footballers have the same kind of employment rights as other mere mortals?

If so, it may be that RM/Tilly are restricted in what they can say / do.

I am sure none of us would want to insist on forcing the club to go public on an issue that would see us waste even more money on a disruptive player (that no other club seems prepared to take either).

Apologies, for calling Tilson a c**k, i take that back and admit, that after a long journey back from Leeds last nite and suffering another poor result i am tired and frustrated.

My final comments on this matter are as follows:

no 1 is saying that Foran is the answer to our problems and certainly would not on his own save our season.

he is however, a player for this club and when short of bodies should at least be considered for the team...end of.

as for my comments on other issues, i thought this was a forum, yes my comments regarding tilson was wrong and for that i apologise, but why do some people think that they and only they have the right to comment and that their comments and thoughts are the right ones and the only ones that matter.

that is my final thought and will not post again until common sense prevails.

This is a very good point - do footballers have the same kind of employment rights as other mere mortals?

If so, it may be that RM/Tilly are restricted in what they can say / do.

I am sure none of us would want to insist on forcing the club to go public on an issue that would see us waste even more money on a disruptive player (that no other club seems prepared to take either).

Thinking about this a bit more - these rights usually kick in after 2 years of employment, I believe.

When did Mr Foran come to work for us ?

INFURIATING!.....How do I always seem to manage to get on the wrong bus? I spent a long time replying to the Foran question on the 'Absolutely furious' thread only to find it going off on the scenic route or back to the terminus. I haven't got the time or skill to transfer my comments onto this thread but, for anyone who wants to be bothered to read my views on the subject.......they're a couple of clicks away.

As fbm has quoted and commented on Yogi's post, I'll delete this copy of it.

:)

Last edited:
INFURIATING!.....How do I always seem to manage to get on the wrong bus? I spent a long time replying to the Foran question on the 'Absolutely furious' thread only to find it going off on the scenic route or back to the terminus. I haven't got the time or skill to transfer my comments onto this thread but, for anyone who wants to be bothered to read my views on the subject.......they're a couple of clicks away.

An excellent post mate, so I thought I'd quote it again here.

After a sore head last night, I've just got up to all this. I feel that this thread would be entirely justified if it had kept to the simple qestion of, demanding Steve Tilson, why there was not a full quota of substitutes on the bench yesterday evening? and why youths weren't included? I hope somewhere, someone will ask and i'm sure that Tilson will have a response. As for the rest........................
OH MY GOD, NOT ANOTHER ....WHERE IS FORAN? ......THREAD?
Irrespective of the fact that it is HIGHLY probable that his inclusion, on the bench, or otherwise, would have made absolutely no difference to the result, I thought that this question had been finally dealt with ......was it a couple of days ago, When it was asked again for the umpteenth time. Yet this thread goes even further, because it accuses Tilson of being DOWNRIGHT STUPID! How could you be anything else when, in our desperate straits, you don't include a player like Foran on the bench with no justification for his absence. Of course there is A B****Y JUSTIFICATION FOR HIS ABSENCE! Whether, when understanding the full reason for his continued absence, you agree with it..............that's another question. On that point, as I explained in an earlier post, you may then be dealing more with the man that is Tilson........and not the manager that is Tilson.
I found, with respect, the question of new faces rather onerous. We are ALL extremely concerned about the lack of new signings and the rapidly approaching closure of the transfer window. If there is one person MORE worried than us, it is Steve Tilson................probably to the point of tearing his hair out. The surprising 'leak' of our transfer targets last week certainly wanted to show the supporters that every effort is being made to bring people in but sometimes..........it's just not that easy. We ALL hope that there will be some movement by Monday but perhaps, for the moment, it is the time to show some empathy for Tilson's situation and not get on his back.
Now, can I go and finish my breakfast!

I think many people are of the opinion that Tilson is actually unaware of the problem. You only have to listen to the mans last 3 radio interviews and you can hear the turmoil and chaos he is in.

The bloke won't leave... how can he claim constructive dismissal?

I was picking up on the issue of employment rights rather than specifically constructive dismissal, but you are right this is probably not the best phrase.

These situations can be a game of cat and mouse. Usually the employee has a stronger case if he waits till he is actually dismissed and then claims unfair dismissal.

The employer normally makes life unpleasant in the hope that they don't have to get to the point of formally dismissing.

Also,the potential award against the employer can make it cheaper at any given point to keep paying the salary.

Not that I know anything about this.

What Foran is, is a reminder of why you don't want to make desperate signings.

Foran was a desperation signing as we needed some lumps to try and stay up in the Championship when we were being out-muscled pretty much every game. Unfortunately, to get him to sign, we had to offer him a long contract on wages which were more than he was worth.

So he is a reminder to everyone who wants Ron Martin to open the chequebook and sign someone, anyone. If the right player becomes available, by all means go for them. But don't overpay for short term solutions/gambles.

Back