• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours The free agents Southend United could look to sign if transfer embargo is lifted

I think we are waiting for embargo’s to be lifted, before we can sign these players on a free.

If that was the case I think they'd be training with us already.

Any free agent we sign now is likely to have not played for 6 months. They're not going to be ready to contribute until December.

All these name floating about and the fact that MM (Who is yet to win a single game as a professional manager) is still saying he is happy with the team, makes me think a couple of things.

1) We won't be paying the tax bill.

2) we will, but that will be all the money gone.

If either of those are correct ... the club is clearly downing tools and as firmly in the process of financial damage limitation in order to stay in business in the National league.

Or

MM is digging his own grave and will be gone before Christmas

And not only is gonna be hard to get any of these names in, will they want to play for a team that is the worst in the league as it stands and could possibly be playing conference football next season.

All these name floating about and the fact that MM (Who is yet to win a single game as a professional manager) is still saying he is happy with the team, makes me think a couple of things.

1) We won't be paying the tax bill.

2) we will, but that will be all the money gone.

If either of those are correct ... the club is clearly downing tools and as firmly in the process of financial damage limitation in order to stay in business in the National league.

Or

MM is digging his own grave and will be gone before Christmas

Or he's telling a porkie because he wants a) to manage fan expectations or b) he wants to stry and instill a bit of confidence in the players.

That said, if the whole squad were fit things would be at least marginally better.

36 year old Ashley Williams is available too if he fancies a trip down to the Roots Hall Retirement Castle :Whistling:

we in need of a spine through the middle A GK ,tough no nonsense CD and DM and a striker or 2

Mike Fondop was a pretty imposing presence in the Conference last season, he did tend to lose his rag a bit but maybe we need some of that.
Exactley what we dont need more players with no football league experience,if he is loosing his rag in the conference imagine what how mental he'll go in the league.Sounds like the sort of player who gets sent off alot.

And not only is gonna be hard to get any of these names in, will they want to play for a team that is the worst in the league as it stands and could possibly be playing conference football next season.
And the answer is yes they would want to play if they actually want to earn a living playing football in these unprecedented times,The days of these pre mad on ers have gone and they cant pick and choose salaries and clubs like they used too.It might be a case of playing for southend or not play at all and im sure they have familys and bills to pay.

And the answer is yes they would want to play if they actually want to earn a living playing football in these unprecedented times,The days of these pre mad on ers have gone and they cant pick and choose salaries and clubs like they used too.It might be a case of playing for southend or not play at all and im sure they have familys and bills to pay.

Firstly, what are you trying to say here? I've read it several times and I still can't figure it out.

Secondly we keep banging on about wanting players that are truly committed to the southend cause, how does that fit in with shafting people on wages?

That’s a shame I missed the fact that it was only for One month and thought a little longer period of at least 3 months would suit each party. Maybe though we could still get someone with in short term with experience and maybe Kyps loan could be extended if valuable move by all

Back