• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ah, one of my favourite spells, some of the players we had back then.....Coulson, Brace, Nicholl, Morris, Parker (both of them), Goodwin, Yates, plus Moody and Pountney - very happy days, and happy memories.

View attachment 4316

Check out the geezer in the background. I thought he was a 70's skin at first. On closer inspection it looks like a bad 70's comb over, which were very popular at the time.

Check out the geezer in the background. I thought he was a 70's skin at first. On closer inspection it looks like a bad 70's comb over, which were very popular at the time.

I think he actually has alopecia or something, it's not a "normal" type of hairstyle. Supporters in the West may recognise the lad on the left who is now one of the stewards there!

Here's another one for you, Stuart Parker. Note the lovely Neil Townsend thighs in the background, and the mighty South Bank at the back.

Stuart Parker.jpg

Previous round in the cup was a 3-0 win over Newport County. Stuart Parker scored one of his last goals for the club and Dave Smith used some of the money we got for him from Chesterfield (rumoured to be £20,000), to sign Colin Morris and Derrick Parker from Burnley for a combined fee of £10,000. Pure genius!!!!!!
I think,could be wrong again...he went to Sheff.UTD.
My dad had for a long time a season ticket for both Wed & Utd..fans could pay for those things,those days.
He thought Parker was one of the WORST strikers he had ever seen!!
But we liked him

I think he actually has alopecia or something, it's not a "normal" type of hairstyle. Supporters in the West may recognise the lad on the left who is now one of the stewards there!

Here's another one for you, Stuart Parker. Note the lovely Neil Townsend thighs in the background, and the mighty South Bank at the back.

View attachment 4317

Got say you were quite tidy back in the day.

Time for another zone poll....If you were transported back to 1977 and met the young BL....would you?

And the bloke behind him looks like"the Boss" D.S...long back and sides and nothing on top!!!

Were those pics after a match 'OBL' or a sort of open day?

If the latter, I'm sure I attended one of those, but can't remember the season.

Just looking back at the games 'Ozzie' I was too young to go to away matches, but went to a fair few home ones.

The 4-1 home win against Bradford City stands out. Friday night match. Stuart Parker hat-trick.

Looking at attendances, there was a really big crowd at home to Cambridge United (just under 10,000) and about 4,000 above average, but I can't remember why. Doesn't look like it's an Easter match.

I thought it was.

I definitely wasn't at that one, but if they did one a couple of years later, I was there.

I looked up Terry Nicholl on Wiki, as I was intrigued what became of him.

Done quite well for himself since he stopped playing.

I remember going to one of those meet the players days at rh. Only memory I have, is watching the Greaves Brothers playing an exhibition match and wondering how on earth they ere professional footballers

The 4-1 home win against Bradford City stands out. Friday night match. Stuart Parker hat-trick.

Looking at attendances, there was a really big crowd at home to Cambridge United (just under 10,000) and about 4,000 above average, but I can't remember why. Doesn't look like it's an Easter match.

Cambridge ended up as champions and we had only lost 4 games of 30 when we played them on March 11. We lost 1 - 0 and only won 4 of the last 17. Bradford City, Exeter and Col U were also promoted. We finished 10th after failing to score in 7 of last 10 away games - not much changes .......

Cambridge ended up as champions and we had only lost 4 games of 30 when we played them on March 11. We lost 1 - 0 and only won 4 of the last 17. Bradford City, Exeter and Col U were also promoted. We finished 10th after failing to score in 7 of last 10 away games - not much changes .......

Ah, but the next season...anyway a nice link to us from your post LBBlue, the then Cambridge United Manager, a certain 35 year old Ron Atkinson, signed Malcolm Webster from us, as he had made way for Neil Freeman. :smile:

Back