• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Can we keep him? He's getting better and better. The ball seems to stick to his feet. The commentator on Sky said he is sublime, and asking how the hell will Southend be able to keep hold of him? He twists this way, then that way but nearly always keeps the ball under control and going forward. Even Worrall was purring about him after the game.
Ron Martin and Phil Brown have to pull a rabbit out of the hat and get him signed up, even if they have to make him the highest paid player. Special players like that almost guarantee safety next season. It's money in the bank as he could be worth anything in two or three years time. Come on Ron and Phil. Let's get the deal done, now, before it's too late.

I worry that, if it is down to brown, he may stall the contract in the hope that if/when he goes to Bolton he can gain his services...
However I have been known to be wrong

Phil said after the game on Sky that they hope to have a deal done soon and it could be signed by the end of the week.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's true, but I really hope it is.

The only way to keep him is to pay him.......very well.
The truth is it wouldn't take much to blow our contract offer out of the water. Fingers crossed on this one

If we don't sign him up we've made a mistake. He is Brilliant.

I very much doubt he will go to Bolton, if young Jack has any sense he will sign for us and as a first team regular he will only get better and stronger - he'll be in the shop window after tonight's performance, the premiership will come knocking - just hope we cash in and he gets the right move - good luck to him.

Haven't been this excited about a player since watching Freddy first time round.

He's the real deal.

Best player we've had since Freddy in his pomp? I don't think I've ever seen us have a player as good with his feet as Jack in the 20 years I've been watching us! He was magical tonight.

Got to offer him whatever we can and sign him up. Arguably more vital for us moving forward than Bentley, however I'd be very happy to keep them both

Brown sounded very positive in general and not like a man about to leave, maybe, just maybe he realises we have more potential than Bolton at this moment in time, to me they look like another Portsmouth. He was certainly giving it the large "we" are trying to do the deal with Payne.

Unfortunately Jack will go, he is the most talented player we have had since Stan! He will be playing in the Premier division within next couple of years wouldn't surprise me if his agent has already had off the record conversations with a number of Premiership teams. Like Bentley I would be amazed if he signs a contract with us.

Unfortunately Jack will go, he is the most talented player we have had since Stan! He will be playing in the Premier division within next couple of years wouldn't surprise me if his agent has already had off the record conversations with a number of Premiership teams. Like Bentley I would be amazed if he signs a contract with us.

I'm sorry, though both are good players, neither are ready for that level, at least with us they are near on guaranteed first team football

I'll be more gutted about Payne leaving than Bentley, I've been waiting years for an exiting attacker to ply their trade at RH since a young Mr Eastwood. I just hope uncle Ron see's his talent and worth.

What has Vardy got to do with it?
Same was said about him, not ready to make the step up etc. Vardy joined Leicester from a lower level than what Jack is at now. Sometimes when a player has better players around him their own natural talent flourishes, lower leagues can stifle creative players.

Same was said about him, not ready to make the step up etc. Vardy joined Leicester from a lower level than what Jack is at now. Sometimes when a player has better players around him their own natural talent flourishes, lower leagues can stifle creative players.

Not always though - Vardy is one player in about a 100 that has made the step up, plenty haven't

I also don't recall that being said about him

Besides I never said they couldn't make the step up, I just don't think they are good enough yet

Struggling to remember a better goal than Payne's clincher last night. Great run to pick up a long ball pass, twisted the Sheffield defender inside out and finishes with a sublime dink over a good goalkeeper.
No need to pay to watch Messi at Barcelona, get to Roots Hall and watch Jack Payne work his magic:happy::happy:

Back