• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

_41608980_hms_victory_pa_416.jpg

"And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by from this day until the ending of the world but we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. Be he ne'er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition, and gentlemen in England now abed shall think themselves acursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks, that fought with us upon St. Crispin's day!"

We few, we happy few, we band of Shrimpers;
For he to-day that sings Blues songs with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in Southend now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That roared with us upon PLAYOFF FINAL day.

:clap: Like the slight alteration to the Bard's words there, without going through it all have we had the "Cry God for England, Harry and St George" quote yet anywhere?

Very Good BAG

:clap:

“There is a forgotten nay forbidden word which means more to me than any other. That word is England” Winston Churchill 1945

Just some of the long list of English Inventions/Discoveries

Adjustable spanner
Bouncing bomb
Cat's eye (road)
Cat flap
Clockwork radio
Davy lamp
Electrical generator
Fire extinguisher
Hovercraft
Jet engine
Lawn mower
Lifeboat (rescue)
Linear motor
Newtonian telescope
Rubber band
Sewing machine
Slide rule
Spinning jenny
Stainless steel
Stephenson's Rocket
Tank
Tarmac
Vacuum cleaner
World Wide Web

s_marmite.jpg

Charles Babbage.

babbage.jpg

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Isambard Kingdom Brunel

hist_brunel.jpg

Francis Drake.. The Golden Hind

00127e2e.jpg

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Large G'n'Ts all round. At the Yalta conference, Churchill asked Stalin to fetch him some lemon for his G'n'T, and somehow in the war ravaged USSR, he got one. I don't know why I like that story so much, But I do.

Back