• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PhilipH51

Schoolboy
18 months ago in the midst of our worries about the Blues and their future I posted about my local town club, the then Ilkeston Town (Conference North) who were wound up in the autumn of 2010. Happier news now! After reconstituting as Ilkeston FC and winning an academy league last year, they have today won the play-off final to go up from Evostik First South to Evostik Premier - ie one division below where they were before winding-up. This is due to the incredible dedication from the management team of Kevin Wilson and Darren Caskey. The future looks financially secure and it proves that the AFC Winbledon, Aldershot etc tradition lives on! Let's hope the Blues are clear of that now, but it proves that the end doesn't have to mean the end in the end!

Kevin Wilson was at Northampton for yonks wasn't he?? And Darren Caskey is an Essex boy i believe, but went to Spurs for his apprenticeship instead of coming here .. had a decent career at (most notably) Reading

Kevin Wilson was at Northampton for yonks wasn't he?? And Darren Caskey is an Essex boy i believe, but went to Spurs for his apprenticeship instead of coming here .. had a decent career at (most notably) Reading

IIRC Caskey turned down a move to Roots Hall to go to AFC Hornchurch on an alleged £2.5k a week.

Good news about clubs rising from the ashes, it's the grass roots of football that count IMO not the over blown, over hyped Premier League.

Back