• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
I am starting to realise little RC Junior, now only 4 months old, has extremely strong magical powers!!

He has now witnessed 11 games this season, in his short 4 months in this world, and we are yet to taste defeat - including the dramatic late win at Carlisle on Saturday.

To back this up, every team that has stayed in the hotel that Southend stayed in on Friday night have lost to Carlisle - so with this in mind, and RC Junior's unbeaten record to defend, something had to give - and it was his record that remained intact!!

Had he of been born 2 months earlier, I'm quite sure we would be sitting here toasting the League One Title right now, but with RC Junior making the trip to Tranmere this weekend, and of course, the Vale match the week after, don't be surprised if we overcome the 4 point defecit to Carlisle and sneak into the top 2!!

Failing that, the playoffs should be a certainty with littlun attending both semi final legs, and hopefully, the final!

In view of that record RC, I think there should be an immediate donation by the club to ensure that he does not miss another game this season.

Funnily enough....in the reverse of this i haven't been to a game since Oldham at home and went regularly prior to Christmas......I'm not too sure if for the sake of the team i should avoid the Port Vale and Play off games which i'm planning to go too...:unsure:

Last edited:
Great story RC.

Got to ask though, the logistics of taking a kid that age to a football match must be immense - nappies, sleeping etc... I assume you sit in the family stand at RH?

In view of that record RC, I think there should be an immediate donation by the club to ensure that he does not miss another game this season.

Don't worry CS - They haven't started charging him yer, although I doubt it will be long!!

He's already booked in for Tranmere Saturday, and any other game we may have to win to get up this season!!

Great story RC.

Got to ask though, the logistics of taking a kid that age to a football match must be immense - nappies, sleeping etc... I assume you sit in the family stand at RH?

Not as bad as you think actually Joolz - One bag fits nappies, bottles, muslin's, bibs - in fact, anything you can imagine!! The only drawback is the walk to and from the ground - on Saturday, it was a good mile and a bit each way from our hotel, and so my arms were about 2 inches longer than when we started the walk - i did try and suggest it would be easier to drive it, but the Mr's fancied a walk!!!

As for sleeping, well he did manage to miss the Carlisle equaliser through sleep - excellent timing i think!!!

Great story RC.

Adopt the Tilson approach of not changing them until we next lose.

Back