• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The sacked manager thread

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
I think we had one of these last year and even though we are two months in to the 2014/15 season and loads of managers have already lost their jobs, why not start another one.

Shame to see Lee Clark leave Birmingham; they had won only one of their last 24 league games and he was doing a great job of getting them relegated

I like Lambert at 7s. 'Arry's in good company with Fernandes and I think Sunderland are sympathetic to the ***** Poyet inherited. Villa supporters becoming more and more irate with each goalless game and I think Lerner might have to pull the trigger to settle the ship.

There's a fair bit of chatter about Warnock getting moved upstairs, but I think that's because a candidate Palace wanted to succeed Pulis might become available in the summer.

Phil Brown moves stealthily into 36th on the longest serving list and there's a fair few above him treading a thin line. Shows how things are when a manager with only one full season to his name is close to being in the top third of league managers. The next 19 above him were all appointed in the same season, only 16 managers in charge since the 11/12 season.

Phil Brown moves stealthily into 36th on the longest serving list and there's a fair few above him treading a thin line. Shows how things are when a manager with only one full season to his name is close to being in the top third of league managers. The next 19 above him were all appointed in the same season, only 16 managers in charge since the 11/12 season.

Crazy, absolutely crazy.

Forest gone 8 games without a win....they have a feisty foreign owner.....maybe pearce next

Good, hope he gets sacked. Never forgiven him for not including Becks in the Team GB squad.

Good, hope he gets sacked. Never forgiven him for not including Becks in the Team GB squad.

Jesus Christ. I'm no fan of Pearce and there are plenty of things to "never forgive" him for - chronically mismanaging the U21s and racially abusing Paul Ince back in the day, for example - but not picking Beckham for that tournament? Do me a favour.

Anyway, I think the family that owns Forest come across as a relatively understanding bunch and the rot that Billy Davies caused was always going to take some time to fully remove. I'd imagine Pearce will be given until February or March at the very least, particularly with that division being populated by some truly woeful sides this season meaning that Forest are in no danger of getting dragged into anything unsavoury.

Yesterday's result's done nothing for Lambert's position and he's best price 10/3 now. I just can't see him staying longer than Redknapp. Rodgers is an interesting bet at 19s mind and one to watch as soon as Lambert gets given the push. They're a (hilarious) shadow of last season's outfit and he's ******* the best part of £100m up the wall on players that are no better than what they already had.

The thing with Stewart Pearce is, he is someone you would want in your team , but not someone to manage it .

Back