• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The striker who we were going to sign

Hes fallen out with Wise at Millwall, Tilly said hes the sort of player that would gaurentee 20 goals a season and that he would have cost quiet a bit of money, except the club where un willing to let him go

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Oct. 11 2004,11:20)]Hes fallen out with Wise at Millwall, Tilly said hes the sort of player that would gaurentee 20 goals a season and that he would have cost quiet a bit of money, except the club where un willing to let him go
Certainly a quality player [in his thirties now?], but would he have wanted to ply his trade in league 2 though? not really too sure about that.

With Eastwood on the scene for a month, I don't think Tilson will be looking anywhere else just yet.

wow.gif

He's 27. The chances of getting him would surely be incredibly slim to none. He'd be on 8 or 9 times what we could give him, not to mention the fact Millwall would probably want a good £200,000 or so for him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 11 2004,13:21)]He's 27. The chances of getting him would surely be incredibly slim to none. He'd be on 8 or 9 times what we could give him, not to mention the fact Millwall would probably want a good £200,000 or so for him.
I think they would at least let him out on loan considering he hasn't really scored that much over the past three seasons and it helps him being a local lad.
We all know how Tilly likes a Southender on the firm.

£200,000? His contract runs out at the end of the season & then a freebie. Cue ron Martin with the cheque book. Like you say, another local boy.

I was advised in the summer by someone I know at Millwall, that Wise was looking to get rid of him once he had some cash to buy some more players. watch this space. Think he will be at Roots Hall by New Year !!!!!

Well I didn't know he was out of contract in the summer so maybe not £200,000, but I really can't see why he'd want to come here or how we could afford his wages.

No were in this thread have I stated that I THINK we are GOINGto sign Harris, all I was saying is that I believe he was the player we where looking at. I really cant see to much of a reason why he wouldnt come here though, after all look at Darlingtons strike force

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Oct. 11 2004,14:19)]No were in this thread have I stated that I THINK we are GOINGto sign Harris, all I was saying is that I believe he was the player we where looking at. I really cant see to much of a reason why he wouldnt come here though, after all look at Darlingtons strike force
Exactly.

If we were to say last mid season that the Bristol Rovers Captain would come here and take a pay cut I would have thought why?

I know not on the same scale of things, but still seemed strange to me at the time. To many players its now how much the management can impress you with their ambitions and not just the money.

Although you weren't suggesting we were going to sign him, its not as far fetched as if someone said we might have tried to sign him 2 seasons ago.

Would not surprise me in the least though as Tilly has pulled off some good signings in my eyes and we know he has a keen interest in local guys so may have just tried to 'test the water' at Millwall.

Einstein

When we played Millwall in pre-season, Neil Harris did an interview in the Echo saying that he wants to play for us at some point in his career
smile.gif

Back