• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

the sun shines out our..

im southend through and through, 6 years ive been a ticket holder. i dont want to wright an essay but the fans at this club not all but some are unbeliveble. its not hard to see last year there were many factors that contributed to our demise. and tilly and brush in both transfer markets was a majour factor. harrold is not good enough, he hasnt played every game but when he has came off the bench (near enough every game) its easy to see there is no way he could ever be affective for us. bradbury can hold the ball up well but thats it. no running at players, no taking risks knocking the ball on. panter was pushed out by the boo boys, and fare credit to them that booed. he was terrible in every game he played for us. no way near the standard we need.
as for francis and hammel they seem very composed players and two good signing but there is no point in having good defenders if you cant score goals.
you can all sit back, and think that southend united, tilly, brush, harrold and panter are all the most fantastic aquisitions we have had at this club. but please you must realise there have been mistakes, dont shoot others down for pointing them out they are there for all to be seen.

if were going to move forward, then we must be more active in the transfer market and not lose players for sily reasons.

Spot on. This is a forum afterall and we as paying customers of our football team and have every right to criticise if we feel we are not getting value for money. Unfortunately there are some on here who would not have a negative word said against the team, management and certain players that they give god like esteem to.

im southend through and through, 6 years ive been a ticket holder. i dont want to wright an essay but the fans at this club not all but some are unbeliveble. its not hard to see last year there were many factors that contributed to our demise. and tilly and brush in both transfer markets was a majour factor. harrold is not good enough, he hasnt played every game but when he has came off the bench (near enough every game) its easy to see there is no way he could ever be affective for us. bradbury can hold the ball up well but thats it. no running at players, no taking risks knocking the ball on. panter was pushed out by the boo boys, and fare credit to them that booed. he was terrible in every game he played for us. no way near the standard we need.
as for francis and hammel they seem very composed players and two good signing but there is no point in having good defenders if you cant score goals.
you can all sit back, and think that southend united, tilly, brush, harrold and panter are all the most fantastic aquisitions we have had at this club. but please you must realise there have been mistakes, dont shoot others down for pointing them out they are there for all to be seen.

if were going to move forward, then we must be more active in the transfer market and not lose players for sily reasons.

I don't think most people here would shoot down a well argued, and reasoned arguement. What does tend to get people irate is mindless abuse thrown at players and staff without any reasoning, and ESPECIALLY writing opinion as fact!

panter was pushed out by the boo boys, and fare credit to them that booed.

Like a player or not, if he wears the Blue of Southend, he should get our support. IF he then fails, then the management should make a decision to stop picking him. This decision should be based on his ability on the pitch against 11 members of the opposing team, and not 11 members of the opposing team, and a few mindless idiots in the stands who have played championship manager once, and believe they are the world expert on football, and psychology.

harrold is not good enough, he hasnt played every game but when he has came off the bench (near enough every game) its easy to see there is no way he could ever be affective for us.

Funny, I thought that there were a couple of games where he came on, and salvaged us a point? I'm sure some of our regular posters could confirm this for me.

you can all sit back, and think that southend united, tilly, brush, harrold and panter are all the most fantastic aquisitions we have had at this club.

Well, if you look at whats happened to our club since the start of Tilly n Brush, then I can understand people thinking they're pretty useful. As for Harrold and Paynter, I don't recall anybody suggesting they're world beating signings, just that Harrold is "possibly one for the future" and Paynter "may have done well, given the chance"

but please you must realise there have been mistakes, dont shoot others down for pointing them out they are there for all to be seen.

and therein lies the problem. Most the posts that get the abuse don't point out the actual problem, they just say "player X is rubbish" or "Tilly's useless". Maybe when a constructive, and informed, arguement is put forward, a less deconstructive reply may be gained.

Silly reasons such as, or is this just assumption?

and Skyblue, nobody's denying your right to complain, but surely to throw abuse during the match is counter-productive? If, however, you mean your right to complain on a forum, then i don't think anybody is denying that. Even Tilly's biggest fans must surely admit that he has made a mistake or two, it's just the way people sometimes point these out that riles.

I agree with every word of what you have just written swansea. Everyone is entitled to opinion, if i disagree with a well balanced argument i will state my opinion with a well balanced argument as well. However even if i agree with what somebody else has written but they have mindlessly written utter **** such as "Tilly's negotiation skills are non-existant" without reasoning and evidence then i will try and balance it up. Nobody is beyond criticism.

Much better a-s !!!!

I had a snipe at you yesterday cos you started a thread which was, to my mind, just pointless slating... but now you've balanced that with some opinions to back it up.. whether i agree or not is totally irrelevent.

I'd give you some green but it appears you can't rep the same person twice in a row so i guess you'll have to wait :p

Fair play to you anyway

Back