• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't care about the fact its late notice, the thing that's wound me up is that it was promised to be announced Monday or at the latest Tuesday, and it hasn't. Never lie to your own fans !!

I don't care about the fact its late notice, the thing that's wound me up is that it was promised to be announced Monday or at the latest Tuesday, and it hasn't. Never lie to your own fans !!

Would you mind showing me where it was promised? I only saw comments such as "almost 100% certain...". Not quite the same

John, the Trust seem to be very quiet --- they didn't take up the kind offer of a presence at the Graham Jolley Charity tournament either.

As Beaver was away on holiday at the time Cricko raised his question, it went unanswered. As Scott said, with anything other than a personal opinion, we've been discouraged from replying to direct questions. If he'd emailed direct to Fitz then he'd have got at least an acknowledgement, and more likely an answer as he doesn't shy away from responses.

As to the Trust representation at the tournament, well, both Scott and Gareth played. I was unable to attend but bought raffle tickets, not sure if anyone else did? I know we were all circulated about having a Trust "presence" but there weren't people available to go - Darren had hoped to but had to work unexpectedly I believe.

I don't see any reason to turn this into another thread to bash the Trust in. As I said before, if the "wee birdie" hadn't have put the idea into people's heads that it would be announced Monday or Tuesday at latest, no-one would be any the wiser. Lesson learned - don't put time restraints on announcements!

As to my comment, I didn't mean it in quite the way Scott has interpreted it, but something along those lines - those who are maybe a little more affluent, and able to travel fairly easily at short notice. Dedicated and supportive, and presumably then, NOT ​people who've been slagging the club off on here.

I would of thought Ronald would have give the Wee Birdie a lesson in managing there statements but more specifically dates and times. Doesn't he know we are still waiting for FF.

However I can't for one moment think the club would want a private, exclusive tour for the wealthy. PS knows the value of the passion that represents our club.

As to the Trust representation at the tournament, well, both Scott and Gareth played. I was unable to attend but bought raffle tickets, not sure if anyone else did? I know we were all circulated about having a Trust "presence" but there weren't people available to go - Darren had hoped to but had to work unexpectedly I believe.

My point was not above people taking part or buying raffle tickets, both of which we were very grateful, but , in times of dwindling Trust membership, the Trust having a table to promote itself.
Perhaps it was felt the event wasn't important enough for 1 or 2 committee members to chat to people.

Sorry but where was the words 'I promise' used? 'Almost 100%' is not a promise!

My point was not above people taking part or buying raffle tickets, both of which we were very grateful, but , in times of dwindling Trust membership, the Trust having a table to promote itself.
Perhaps it was felt the event wasn't important enough for 1 or 2 committee members to chat to people.

Ken,

I really don't understand why this thread has turned from one about a proposed Tour to one bashing the Trust about not attending Graham Jolley's Fundraiser.

If you bothered to speak to your cohort Cricko first before slagging the Trust off, you would know the reason's why we weren't there, and would also know that we donated several raffle prizes to the event.

And you wonder why some of us don't post on here anymore !!!!!

Thank you fir your contribution . A genuine enquiry suddenly turns into Trust bashing and "people don't post any more ".Small wonder our membership is dropping off .

Nobody promised anything

At the risk of being battered for raising an opinions

Even by shrimperzone standards I am amazed at the amount of negativity, and dare I say it , inability to use common sense , or perhaps think about the reasons for no more news. I would be quite embarressed if this thread was to be posted into onother clubs website

No promises were made- as has been noted several times
These type of things have lot of moving parts , any deadlines given will be based on expectations/promises given by other parties - all of whom can push the project back by being 'late' with their answers
The amount of moaning on her if the club had been silent , and then posted 'the tour ' in full details once all was in palce would be deafening
Yes- it would be nice if it was done earlier but it wasn't. If you are still unpayy speak to the club to try and understnd why this is and if things could be done differently - or not
A lot of my work involves projects, nearly all of them get pushed back for various reasons- it isn't just SUFC

Even by shrimperzone standards I am amazed at the amount of negativity, and dare I say it , inability to use common sense , or perhaps think about the reasons for no more news. I would be quite embarressed if this thread was to be posted into onother clubs website

These type of things have lot of moving parts , any deadlines given will be based on expectations/promises given by other parties - all of whom can push the project back by being 'late' with their answers
The amount of moaning on her if the club had been silent , and then posted 'the tour ' in full details once all was in palce would be deafening
Yes- it would be nice if it was done earlier but it wasn't. If you are still unpayy speak to the club to try and understnd why this is and if things could be done differently - or not
A lot of my work involves projects, nearly all of them get pushed back for various reasons- it isn't just SUFC

You don't **** about your own supporters THE END!

In that case, you need a decent project manager! All my work is project based, and I'm never late!

On a serious note, you're completely right. The amount of moaning when someone is quite obviously trying to do the right thing beggars belief.

You don't **** about your own supporters THE END!

The club have said there will be a tour, they've said the dates so that people can get planning and have said that an announcement is imminent so people aren't caught by surprise. Unless it actually is all booked and sorted and the club just can't be arsed to tell us then they aren't ****ing anyone about.

Letting people spend £250 on flights and the same again on accomodation and then it falling through would be ****ing about their own supporters.

The delay is annoying, and it's greatly reducing my chances of being able to make wherever it is (although RBS are doing that to me as well), but I don't see the point in getting angry with the club about it.

The club have said there will be a tour, they've said the dates so that people can get planning and have said that an announcement is imminent so people aren't caught by surprise. Unless it actually is all booked and sorted and the club just can't be arsed to tell us then they aren't ****ing anyone about.

Letting people spend £250 on flights and the same again on accomodation and then it falling through would be ****ing about their own supporters.

The delay is annoying, and it's greatly reducing my chances of being able to make wherever it is (although RBS are doing that to me as well), but I don't see the point in getting angry with the club about it.

Not at all if it falls through me and the boys will have a holiday! You really think we are there for the football?!?

THIS CAN AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN MANAGED BETTER

Like I say, what would Tilly have done in terms of early communication wth fans, he did not exactly give his all or work his socks off on this kind of thing so why Sturrock bash ?

And once you've got this news what exactly arethe expectations of such a tour ? It's about squad bonding and getting fit, pre-season friendlies will still be dull even in a different country.

I've often holidayed where teams go on tour, very few fans go. I was once at a tournament involving Celtic,Cardiff,Middlesborough and a Portuguese mid-table team. Supporter numbers were less about 500,32,26 and 5 for the above teams, so few I could count them in their segregated areas. Total attendance 1,500.

So why get so upset about this ? Some of you have become very bitter over the years, not sur what you expect from a skint club.

I don't post much on here but feel the need to this time to express how pathetic I feel some of you are being over this.

Very.

The end.

Same here Parold, I rarely post on here but I have to agree with your sentitments ! Seems like some poeple have got nothing better to do than moan about just about everything.

All the club had to do was give the facts 1. Location
2. Date

The rest I don't give a **** who we play we would have found a team wherever we went - the purpose of these tours is to get team bonding and spirit going so it don't matter who we play!!!! So we could have been told location and date ages and ages ago!

Same here Parold, I rarely post on here but I have to agree with your sentitments ! Seems like some poeple have got nothing better to do than moan about just about everything.

Don't get it do you mate! Some of us will go the lengths of the world to watch this team you may not be like that (don't make you any less of a fan btw) but for us that do cost is paramount and my post above details why!

Back