• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The club doesnt have a pot to wee in. Im pretty sure making plans a year in advance for tours and chartering planes isnt really feasible.

Im sure every club, like York, Burton and the like do that sort of the thing all the time, but not surprised we dont/cant.

Stupid to promise something and not even say why it didn't happen. Bad by the club.

Gareth Pummery ‏@Bucket_spade_fc @CJPhillips1982 how was the "press conference" ��

6 min Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982
@Bucket_spade_fc What one?!

Perhaps CP DOES have other things to do during the day than trawl around on SZ :smile:

sorry for asking

1. I was taking the **** 2. I would like to know whats going on as I wish to travel out there to watch and 3. thought the club would of announced it see as this ****ing Wee Birdie keeps running his mouth on here :winking:

Clearly Sturrock thinks that the fans are going to "get on the players backs"

This has been my point for ages

Do you think that they have something to announce and are just not? Can you imagine the ****storm if they announce a tour which doesn't happen?

I doubt anyone is happy about all of this and maybe the club are at fault for all of this, but as far as I can see we don't know that for sure.

sorry for asking

1. I was taking the **** 2. I would like to know whats going on as I wish to travel out there to watch and 3. thought the club would of announced it see as this ****ing Wee Birdie keeps running his mouth on here :winking:
Sorry, I don't know how you read but I certainly wasn't showing criticism or sarcasm towards you. Just surprise that CP didn't cotton on when you spoke of the "press conference", which appears to show that he doesn't follow the threads on here that closely. Probably just as well considering some of the flak that the Echo takes on here.

I said this a week ago. I don't think the club want any fans there.

Maybe they only want certain fans there, who can and will arrange this at short notice. I certainly don't think slagging the club off because nothing has been announced helps in any way and will only go to prove to Paul Sturrock, Gary Lockett and Ron Martin that it is absolutely 100% better to say nothing at all than to give any kind of hints as to announcements. Seems to me they're absolutely damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Maybe they only want certain fans there, who can and will arrange this at short notice. I certainly don't think slagging the club off because nothing has been announced helps in any way and will only go to prove to Paul Sturrock, Gary Lockett and Ron Martin that it is absolutely 100% better to say nothing at all than to give any kind of hints as to announcements. Seems to me they're absolutely damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

So, no-one?

I know that most people at work have to give at least a few weeks notice and if it's one of the last weeks of July, something has to come out soon.

It doesn't help when someone says to expect and announcement, and nothing happens.

Stupid to promise something and not even say why it didn't happen. Bad by the club.

Think some people need to learn what a promise actually is

The club has to confirm all these points before making it public so that fans dont book and then find tour is cancelled the gaffer is almost 100% certain that on monday at latest tuesday there will be press conference

Almost is not a set in stone promise.

All this whining will just stop PS giving us the updates he does.

Back