• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maybe they only want certain fans there, who can and will arrange this at short notice. I certainly don't think slagging the club off because nothing has been announced helps in any way and will only go to prove to Paul Sturrock, Gary Lockett and Ron Martin that it is absolutely 100% better to say nothing at all than to give any kind of hints as to announcements. Seems to me they're absolutely damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Certain Fans? what is that about...Luggy came on here and announced that it would be revealed by today. Fans that want to go IMO have been messed about. They have to plan these things within their work environment, which can't be easy with a matter of a few weeks to go.If the club want a private tour fair enough but they (whoever) should not come on this site saying such things as "Pack your suntan lotion".."It will be announced by Tuesday" as it helps nobody.

It is **** poor IMO and treats the fans who are willing to pay hard earned money to go as *****.

PS: I am still awaiting a reply from The Trust in their Forum I asked a week back.

"The club has to confirm all these points before making it public so that fans dont book and then find tour is cancelled the gaffer is almost 100% certain that on monday at latest tuesday there will be press conference."

Unfortunately the original poster covered himself with the bold word.

As nobody has bothered to reply to my original question in The Trust forum, I would still like to know if they have been asked to part fund this tour at all? If so why have Trust members not heard anything about this AT ALL?

As nobody has bothered to reply to my original question in The Trust forum, I would still like to know if they have been asked to part fund this tour at all? If so why have Trust members not heard anything about this AT ALL?

If you e-mail the Trust Chairman you may get a reply. Not sure the Trust reply in an open forum mate.

Maybe they only want certain fans there, who can and will arrange this at short notice. I certainly don't think slagging the club off because nothing has been announced helps in any way and will only go to prove to Paul Sturrock, Gary Lockett and Ron Martin that it is absolutely 100% better to say nothing at all than to give any kind of hints as to announcements. Seems to me they're absolutely damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Care to explain what that means?? As I feel that's a little harsh! The only fans who would go are those who lead no other life then sufc who I like to call the hard core.

Am sure this will be all announced by the end of the week but as for sturrock he has proper ****ed me off coming on here saying what he said with regards to tour

Why on earth would they not want any fans there?

I would have thought with the club's very tight budget, the simple reason for a delay is that they are trying hard to arrange a tour with the right facilities/accommodation and balance that benefits the team for the season ahead for a price that doesn't break the bank. Not easy I would imagine.

By all means think of the fans, but think of the team first.

Why on earth would they not want any fans there?

I would have thought with the club's very tight budget, the simple reason for a delay is that they are trying hard to arrange a tour with the right facilities/accommodation and balance that benefits the team for the season ahead for a price that doesn't break the bank. Not easy I would imagine.

By all means think of the fans, but think of the team first.

Agreed Jai, but you would think they are planning some month tour in Australia, not a few days away in the sun to kick a ball about.

Care to explain what that means?? As I feel that's a little harsh! The only fans who would go are those who lead no other life then sufc who I like to call the hard core.

Am sure this will be all announced by the end of the week but as for sturrock he has proper ****ed me off coming on here saying what he said with regards to tour

Shes implying they don't was us there because we are loud and we like a drink coupled with the fact we don't fall into line when dictated too.

Certain Fans? what is that about...Luggy came on here and announced that it would be revealed by today. Fans that want to go IMO have been messed about. They have to plan these things within their work environment, which can't be easy with a matter of a few weeks to go.If the club want a private tour fair enough but they (whoever) should not come on this site saying such things as "Pack your suntan lotion".."It will be announced by Tuesday" as it helps nobody.

It is **** poor IMO and treats the fans who are willing to pay hard earned money to go as *****.

PS: I am still awaiting a reply from The Trust in their Forum I asked a week back.

I would reply but I have been discouraged by the trust for replying as a committee member and have to wait for the official trust line

I love it all getting yourself in knots over this
on here. The club for years have not given
a flying f. About the fans
at what point will some of you realise this
wake up and smell the roses

I would reply but I have been discouraged by the trust for replying as a committee member and have to wait for the official trust line

That's fair enough Scott, but if I ask a civil question in the forum we supply to them on here, it would be nice if we had some sort of answer. If not what is the point of that forum unless it is just a place for the odd ad regarding what is new with The Trust.

IMO this hardly helps any bonds within The Trust committee and the fans who supply them with funds.

The Tour question was no Einstein test.

John, the Trust seem to be very quiet --- they didn't take up the kind offer of a presence at the Graham Jolley Charity tournament either.

Back