• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Say 30 seconds per post = nearly 6 days of your life spent commenting on Southend United and associated matters.
Apparently you can add another year , according to researchers for the average time a bloke waits for his misses in the hall before going out.during his lifetime. Reminder to self.... build a bar in the hallway with a dart board!!

Well worth repeating this little feature SBH pointed out last week to a Member on another thread.

There are three ways to enter a thread.

1) Click on the
firstnew.png
button to the left of thread title.
This takes you to the first new post since your last visit to the thread.

2) Click on the thread title.
This takes you to the very first post, the beginning of the thread.

3) Click on the
lastpost-right.png
image next to the poster's name in the third column (last post)
This takes you to the very last post, the end of the thread.

Well worth repeating this little feature SBH pointed out last week to a Member on another thread.

There are three ways to enter a thread.

1) Click on the
firstnew.png
button to the left of thread title.
This takes you to the first new post since your last visit to the thread.

2) Click on the thread title.
This takes you to the very first post, the beginning of the thread.

3) Click on the
lastpost-right.png
image next to the poster's name in the third column (last post)
This takes you to the very last post, the end of the thread.

Hmmm ok it's a ten page thread and I only want to read from page 5 , 4th post onwards?

Which button do I press?

Or you could actually do it by clicking in the main thread title ..go to the top and pick the page number you want to read...

Why do I do these things *sigh* :moon:

Or you could actually do it by clicking in the main title thread ..go to the top and pick the page number you want to read...

Why do I do these things *sigh* :moon:

Righto...got that.

Next question.

There is now a like button for posts ...hooray.

Is there a dislike button?

Righto...got that.

Next question.

There is now a like button for posts ...hooray.

Is there a dislike button?

We are seriously thinking of setting one up just for YOU! but don't hold your breath. :bluebelles:

We decided that Facebook know what they are doing and that is good enough for us.

We are seriously thinking of setting one up just for YOU! but don't hold your breath. :bluebelles:

Cheers mate...Barna blue will be coughing up some money to the zone soon, as we have a couple of bets on.
Once he has paid this feel free to use it (the 20 quid he will owe) to fund the cost of installing the button.

Debate is what these forums and we survive on.....so visit a few more forums, get involved and start your own or join in.:bluebelles:

Debate is what these forums and we survive on.....so visit a few more forums, get involved and start your own or join in.:bluebelles:

You only have to look at peoples post counts to see who the mass debaters are too.

(Come on, someone had to say it!)

You only have to look at peoples post counts to see who the mass debaters are too.

(Come on, someone had to say it!)

...and if you want to see a list of the top 'offenders', select 'Community' at the top, choose 'Members list' then you can sort by name, number of posts, rep points, the lot.

If you weren't already aware at the bottom right of every post there is a picture of a speech bubble with a " in it and the + sign next to the reply with quote button. This is the select quote button you can use this on a number of posts. So to save keep replying individually to each person click multiple quotes by the using the button. When you have selected a quote the + will disappear and a tick will replace it. Once you have selected the number of quotes you wish to have in your reply click the reply to thread button and they will all appear for you to reply too.

Swear filter - A personal bugbear of mine as I'm forever having to edit people's posts. The forum is set up to filter any rude words you use. There is no need for you to put for example f**k or use other characters like @$ to make a swear word. Just write the word and the magical powers of the forum will filter it automatically. If any slip through the net then feel free to let us know and we will add them to the ever expanding list of naughty words. Also it states in the rules of the forum that persistent misuse of the swear filter will result in infractions and bans.

If you weren't already aware at the bottom right of every post there is a picture of a speech bubble with a " in it and the + sign next to the reply with quote button. This is the select quote button you can use this on a number of posts. So to save keep replying individually to each person click multiple quotes by the using the button. When you have selected a quote the + will disappear and a tick will replace it. Once you have selected the number of quotes you wish to have in your reply click the reply to thread button and they will all appear for you to reply too.

Swear filter - A personal bug bare of mine as I'm forever having to edit people's posts. The forum is set up to filter any rude words you use. There is no need for you to put for example f**k or use other characters like @$ to make a swear word. Just right the word and the magical powers of the forum will filter it automatically. If any slip through the net then feel free to let us know and we will add them to the ever expanding list of naughty words. Also it states in the rules of the forum that persistent misuse of the swear filter will result in infractions and bans.

****ing brilliant, both tips work, thanks Ricey

People writing 'bugbear' as 'bug bare' is one of mine :smile:

Don't know what you're on about. And incase people haven't seen that feature if you make a mistake or own an iProuct then you have to use the edit post feature on a regular basis because it likes to change anything and everything.

Last edited:
Oh by the way the edit the mobile default option is at the bottom of the forums on the left.

Back