• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Things that aren't cool

Bluetonic

Banned
I was in college earlier, sipping a Capri-Sun, when I realised that there is no way anybody drinking said beverage could look cool in anyway. Firstly, the drinks shape and packaging is notoriously ugly, and it has always seemed like a child's drink.

Following on from this I thought of other things that will never be cool -

- Posting on an internet forum

- Owning a pair of Chinos

- Listening to Shed Seven

- Boasting about either drinking too much at the weekend and what you got up to, or perhaps even more boringly, talking about why you don't drink or take drugs.

- Having a hamster as a pet.

Any more?

Having Callan as a Mate ....:p

Oh and being called Stringfellow ..

Kiss and tell stories...

ski-ing impossible to look cool doing that

doing the cruise down the seafront

not liking wrestling or the bluetones

listening to garage "cause of the phat bass"

baseball caps unless you are playing baseball

reebok classics

saying "is it"

cathrine tate

little brittan

religon

the daily mail

Last edited:
Football Manager

Science Fiction

Fantasy Fiction

Heavy Metal

Fray Bentos Pies

Fruit Machines

Jogging

Complaining about people smoking

Vomiting

Drugs Stories

Shouting "Oi oi!" at women from a passing car

Buses

Mums

Black denim jeans

Playing the guitar and whistling because you know that if you sing, you'll lose the beat and miss a chord.

Quoting Eddie Murphy/Chris Rock/Richard Pryor in a 'black voice'

Quoting Bill Hicks in an American slacker voice

Impressions of Alan Hansen that are basically you saying, "Diabolical," but really slowly as if your batteries are running out

Mint Imperials

Heat Magazine

So many of the above are in my top ten favourite things. It's really quite depressing.

Well according to Slipperduke I'm not cool! :hilarious:

Oh, neither am I. As I say, there's very little on that list that I haven't embraced at one point or another!

*looks at bookcase packed with Pratchett, Tolkien, K Dick and Rothmans Football Annuals*

*looks at CD collection packed with Iron Maiden*

*looks in mirror*

Nope. No cool points here!

Playing MMORPGS like World of Warcraft or Everquest 2, reading your guild website during your lunchtime at exactly the same time the office honey walks past.

'No really love, I like women , football and beer. Not geeky stuff like online games.'

(This may have happened to me this week)

Oh, neither am I. As I say, there's very little on that list that I haven't embraced at one point or another!

*looks at bookcase packed with Pratchett, Tolkien, K Dick and Rothmans Football Annuals*

*looks at CD collection packed with Iron Maiden*

*looks in mirror*

Nope. No cool points here!

It's a lovely warm place isn't it.

Can I add, owning and listening to Marillion.

Football Manager

Science Fiction

Fantasy Fiction

Heavy Metal

Fray Bentos Pies

Fruit Machines

Jogging

Complaining about people smoking

Vomiting

Drugs Stories

Shouting "Oi oi!" at women from a passing car

Buses

Mums

Black denim jeans

Playing the guitar and whistling because you know that if you sing, you'll lose the beat and miss a chord.

Quoting Eddie Murphy/Chris Rock/Richard Pryor in a 'black voice'

Quoting Bill Hicks in an American slacker voice

Impressions of Alan Hansen that are basically you saying, "Diabolical," but really slowly as if your batteries are running out

Mint Imperials

Heat Magazine

So many of the above are in my top ten favourite things. It's really quite depressing.

When I started reading this thread, I relly hope Slipper had seen it and posted already, I am very glad I have not been disappointed

ski-ing impossible to look cool doing that

doing the cruise down the seafront

not liking wrestling or the bluetones

listening to garage "cause of the phat bass"

baseball caps unless you are playing baseball

reebok classics

saying "is it"

cathrine tate

little brittan

religon

the daily mail

Agree with all of those except the last two. Most religion isn't cool, except for mine. And I read the Mail on Tuesdays and Fridays for Littlejohn because he's the bollocks. And I reckon my friendly relationship with stereoscene may be done!

Back