• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This board

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ May 26 2005,18:26)]I've obviously been oblivious to this.
rock.gif

Has it been the usual act of new posters sparking off arguments? Or are a few regulars the cause?
A Mix ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 26 2005,19:27)]Have to say that you've taken more crap than most FM and you're still here.
Ironically from a poster that is currently acting holier than thou!!

Good to see you FM.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 26 2005,19:27)]I think that once the dust settles the others will be slowly creep back. I looked at the shrimpers online today and it was a bit holier than thou.
Thats because we are all brothers of the cloth, and find unregistered posters the devil in disguise
tounge.gif

May our god find in his heart to convert you, bless you my son

Just to add my two pence worth!
I used to post on here a fair bit, but lately I find it a worthless exercise. There is very little discussion or debate on here because replies tend towards the nasty or immature. If a debate gets a bit controversial it is locked out by the mods. There is also too much "I know something but I am not telling you"
Its sad to say, the message board is going down hill like the rest of the site, at some stage it will be consigned to the list of message boards that include TLG, and Shrimpersnet, i.e. worth a visit once a month to see if the drivel is the same, then move on.
I am sure Mike and Dave are saddened to see this topic even being discussed.

Any board once it gets beyond a certain critical size will have on it a large enough mix of people that conflict of some sort becomes inevitable.

Ironically, I don't post on Shrimpers Online because of an incident where a thread of mine was deleted because of personal problems that the Mods on SOL had with the person I was trying to help via my thread. Now they are welcoming that same person onto their board with open arms. Go figure, as our American cousins would say.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 26 2005,20:33)]Any board once it gets beyond a certain critical size will have on it a large enough mix of people that conflict of some sort becomes inevitable.

Ironically, I don't post on Shrimpers Online because of an incident where a thread of mine was deleted because of personal problems that the Mods on SOL had with the person I was trying to help via my thread. Now they are welcoming that same person onto their board with open arms. Go figure, as our American cousins would say.
That person was welcomed onto the Shrimpers-Online board recently, because any differences we ONCE had, were resolved in an adult manner ages ago.

You of course are also welcome SiaK, as is anyone who wishes to join our site. You and I (although we have never met) haven't always seen eye to eye on everything, but then forums are like that, irrespective of how they are run.

Thanks for that Siak, I have responded to your post on SOL.

The post you refer to I knew nothing about...I didn't even see it, Shrimpers-online have nothing at all against Shrimperzone and the little matter that was supposed to have happened was all sorted, so there was no reason for the post to be deleted. So for that I appologise.

Now for some reason this thread has gone from The trust getting fed up with SZ, to SZ starting to slate us off.

We do not want to get mixed up in this, whatevers going on between The Trust and ShrimperZone is between them, but please leave us out of it.

I seem to have been sadly oblivious to all the aggro. Is it serious? I sincerely hope the olive branch makes an appearance and peace breaks out. I am a regular on this site and enjoy the varying threads. I expect one can attribute some of its success to the teams success which generates the desire to eat, drink, sleep The Blues. I have posted drivel, most in hindsight, and enjoyed joining in on numerous debates. I did have one falling out on the site but that was as much down to my pig-headedness as anything else. The team are United and I hope the fans will be too. Up The Blues!!!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ May 26 2005,20:51)]Thanks for that Siak, I have responded to your post on SOL.

The post you refer to I knew nothing about...I didn't even see it, Shrimpers-online have nothing at all against Shrimperzone and the little matter that was supposed to have happened was all sorted, so there was no reason for the post to be deleted. So for that I appologise.

Now for some reason this thread has gone from The trust getting fed up with SZ, to SZ starting to slate us off.

We do not want to get mixed up in this, whatevers going on between The Trust and ShrimperZone is between them, but please leave us out of it.
As far as I am concerned the matter is closed. I am glad that the issue has been resolved.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 26 2005,20:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ May 26 2005,20:51)]Thanks for that Siak, I have responded to your post on SOL.

As far as I am concerned the matter is closed. I am glad that the issue has been resolved.
Sorted.
wink.gif

You've locked the topic on SOL, Jim. I was just about to have a little stir as well. An hour too late.

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ May 26 2005,20:51)]You and I (although we have never met) haven't always seen eye to eye on everything, but then forums are like that, irrespective of how they are run.
That's because you pump filthy tobacco smoke into the atmosphere, while I of course am a clean living temple to all that is healthy!

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

(And in case of any doubt, this is meant as an attempt at gentle humour)!
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andu @ May 26 2005,20:33)]Just to add my two pence worth!
I used to post on here a fair bit, but lately I find it a worthless exercise. There is very little discussion or debate on here because replies tend towards the nasty or immature. If a debate gets a bit controversial it is locked out by the mods. There is also too much "I know something but I am not telling you"
Its sad to say, the message board is going down hill like the rest of the site, at some stage it will be consigned to the list of message boards that include TLG, and Shrimpersnet, i.e. worth a visit once a month to see if the drivel is the same, then move on.
I think thats pretty much spot on.

My sentiments exactly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 26 2005,21:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ May 26 2005,20:51)]You and I (although we have never met) haven't always seen eye to eye on everything, but then forums are like that, irrespective of how they are run.
That's because you pump filthy tobacco smoke into the atmosphere, while I of course am a clean living temple to all that is healthy!

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

(And in case of any doubt, this is meant as an attempt at gentle humour)!
upside.gif
I thought we were already quits on that?
tounge.gif

Back