• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This board

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ May 26 2005,20:51)]Now for some reason this thread has gone from The trust getting fed up with SZ, to SZ starting to slate us off.
Now now Jim lets not get into tarring as all with the same brush. A couple of posters have expressed their opinion about what the they feel about your site, when you consider we regularly have approx 60 people on here and with 1067 registered users that is hardly everyone.
cool.gif

I enjoy your site and frequent it quite often, I am not the type to bad mouth other sites just because I work on this one. I appreciate what you and the other guys do on the site and know how hard it is to maintain a site.

I respect you for the stance you take on the board, even though it will not be to everyones liking.

People have to remember that when SZ was in it's so-called 'heyday' it was run by a student and a guy who seemed to have as much time to post as did Steveh during his City Career, also both were technical.

Whereas the current owners do not have a clue technically and to be honest it was already on a downward spiral with regards to the front page when they ended up in full control. I jumped into the breach to offer my assistance on a temporary basis.

I honestly do not have the time it takes to run this site properly due to my other commitments but we are making ways to allow the non-technical guys to be able to update the site themselves. Also we are trying to get more of you guys to help out with articles and ideas after all where would we be without you. So if you have an idea or wish to send in article then go ahead and send it to Leeboy. Of course we cannot promise to use every article sent in but if it meets the sites requirements, chances are it will appear.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ May 26 2005,10:08)]If people are leaving this board because they don't like others point of view then quite frankly they need to grow up and stop acting so childish.
perhaps you should listen to yourself one day and it might all become clear

It seems like a few people have been affected by this heatwave we are having, i am sure once all this success dies down things will return to normal.

After all it is only a game
ghostface.gif

If you were real fans you would know that things like this a quite easy to rise above.
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

The Real Fans comment was a joke please don't ban me.
down.gif

Yeah.....but...no...but...yeah...but...nobutyeah wellIwouldn'tdoanythingforthattammycosshesaslagbutthenisaystothiswblokewhatyoudoingthenand he said SHUTUP  anywayhersonwhoisabarristersaidhecouldn'thavedone itsothereandyoucanaskhimyourselfifyoulikeIwouldneverdoanythinglikethatbutjason
gotagropejustforlettingherhaveabiteofhisyorkie...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 27 2005,08:10)]Yeah.....but...no...but...yeah...but...nobutyeah wellIwouldn'tdoanythingforthattammycosshesaslagbutthenisaystothiswblokewhatyoudoingthenand he said SHUTUP anywayhersonwhoisabarristersaidhecouldn'thavedone itsothereandyoucanaskhimyourselfifyoulikeIwouldneverdoanythinglikethatbutjason
gotagropejustforlettingherhaveabiteofhisyorkie...
"Don'tgivemeevils!"
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ May 26 2005,19:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 26 2005,19:27)]Have to say that you've taken more crap than most FM and you're still here.
Ironically from a poster that is currently acting holier than thou!!

Good to see you FM.
Bless you my child
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (www.Theshrimpers-online.co.uk @ May 26 2005,20:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 26 2005,19:27)]I think that once the dust settles the others will be slowly creep back. I looked at the shrimpers online today and it was a bit holier than thou.
Thats because we are all brothers of the cloth, and find unregistered posters the devil in disguise  
tounge.gif

May our god find in his heart to convert you, bless you my son
Ah but the evil spirits that sometimes take over the board are often the most amusing.

On a more serious not though I've seen some names who've been absent from SZ for some time without me even realising it. Nice to see you back fellas even if it is for a flying visit.

Andee, give Kev his trumpet back !
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm always grateful to those, past and present, that provide the opportunities that exist here. It's not just time it also costs money and we shouldn't forget that.

The biggest problem seems to be that a large number of people on here think that their opinion is the only opinion that matters. Life isn't like that I'm afraid.

As long as everyone accepts that Maher is God everything else is unimportant.

It's a discussion forum and people have freedom of speech. Not entirely sure why so many people are throwing their toys out of the pram.

For a trust perspective, take heart from a small amount of criticism. People like to complain, it's part of humna nature. If you only get a few complaints then it means the vast majority are happy with the job you do.

I don't know why people don't just go to both (SZ + SOL) boards as I have been doing for a number of months. They're very different really and give two very different perspectives on the same events a lot of the time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 27 2005,09:34)]Andee, give Kev his trumpet back !
Tony - I would love to give it to you but we both know you would never be good enough to even try to have a little toot on its shiny mouthpiece.

Oh well here is to a successful 06-07 season with DG in charge of team matters.
oops.gif

biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

oops.gif
Oops clique post alert!!

Sorry guys but it is about SZFC which of course you were all welcome to join.
wink.gif

Just to add my tuppence worth, I think far too many people try to post using dry humour , sarcasm, irony and wind-ups which doesn't transfer to the written word very well at all. People will take things the wrong way and think the world ( and SZ ) is against them.
How about making one day a "Psis-take Free Day" and see if it makes this message board a better place , and leave the comedy comments to us genuinely funny people.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ May 26 2005,20:51)]Now for some reason this thread has gone from The trust getting fed up with SZ, to SZ starting to slate us off.

We do not want to get mixed up in this, whatevers going on between The Trust and ShrimperZone is between them, but please leave us out of it.
Shrimper Jim, just to put into context an earlier comment by me re SO seeming to be holier than thou.

I wasn't intending to offend you chaps over on Shrimpers Online, I was really trying to infer that your site seems to be more serious discussion and less leg pulling / banter. Personally I like SZ because of the banter and because I have a childish, puerile sense of humour.
wink.gif

One final observation, what's all the happy clappy love in stuff with opposition fans all about? Be polite to them by all means but don't indulge the sad misguided little lambs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ May 27 2005,10:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ May 27 2005,10:10)][One final observation, what's all the happy clappy love in stuff with opposition fans all about?
I know. Gets on your nerves a bit doesn't it?
yeah, Lincoln are ****

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Just ask them who is acknowledged to be their greatest ever player and utter legend and where was he born.

oops.gif

cool.gif

PS no Lincoln fan under 30 will know by the way.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ May 27 2005,10:07)]Just to add my tuppence worth, I think far too many people try to post using dry humour , sarcasm, irony and wind-ups which doesn't transfer to the written word very well at all. People will take things the wrong way and think the world ( and SZ ) is against them.
How about making one day a "Psis-take Free Day" and see if it makes this message board a better place , and leave the comedy comments to us genuinely funny people.
Ken has a point there

one of the success stories of the forum is that a lot of posters have now befriended each other offline (Scriv was skinny as a rake until Mike took him under his wing
tounge.gif
) and the board has it's own social scene/impersonation of a football team

an upshot of this is a lot of members of this group have their own running in jokes and then gear their posts towards other members of said group as the other people in that group know what kind of humour to expect from that person. However to the casual user these posts mean nothing or look like someone is having a dig.

ps: I notice at Shrimpers Online they actually support a decent sized avatar instead of having to try and shrink it down to 64x64
tounge.gif

I like the wind ups, I like the sarcasm and I like dry humour.

Most people who end up on the end of these sort postings do so because they have posted an opinion that is offensive or just plain ridiculous..

Think of it as a natural feedback mechanism to moderate the quality and sensibility of posts on Shrimperzone.

Personal abuse and threats are never warranted but if you repeatedly post rubbish such as 'only the real fans are going to Cardiff' or 'Neil Jenkins could still do a job for us' then what do you expect?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ May 27 2005,10:51)]Did Neil Jenkins  EVER do a job for us?

rock.gif

biggrin.gif
Hey, Chris, did you see me on telly? I was pictured in the crowd not once but twice.

Oh and I was wearing my Firholm shirt.

smile.gif

Back