• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Three reasons why Mark Molesley should never manage professionally again!

i actually blame all the MM fan boys for keeping him in a job when he was clearly useless at it ....

at a time when most club fan bases would have been screaming to sack the serial incompetent a small coterie of MM admirers kept promoting the case for keeping him - in effect protecting him .

Blimey. You think what we type on here keeps a manager in his job or conversely gets him the sack? Seriously......?

i actually blame all the MM fan boys for keeping him in a job when he was clearly useless at it ....

at a time when most club fan bases would have been screaming to sack the serial incompetent a small coterie of MM admirers kept promoting the case for keeping him - in effect protecting him .

Na. You’re on a wind up surely. Surely

I think if fans were at Roots Hall then Ron would’ve pulled the trigger sooner actually as the atmosphere would’ve been toxic. His finger was itching after the Col U result (the 6-1) so we’re told.

“Fan boys” is rich after your praise of certain previous managers even months after they’d left. Here’s a shocker .. Ron makes the decisions not Shrimperzone.

Last edited:

So that means its all down to you as to why we kept Sol on after everyone knew about him. If he had gone by December we might even have kept the sort of players we had no chance of replacing.

I love that some of you genuinely think MM wanted the squad that he was able to put together. Unbelievable.
Whatever he was given he’d have gone for 0-0, 1-0 every week. As discussed, one week of a proper manager and he sets up completely different with the same, competent players on the books. He was hopeless and had no idea what to do. Here for 10 weeks too long and it is his pathetic management (obviously Ron, equally to blame) for taking us down.
On both of there C.V’s should be the ruination of a strong, League football club.
Hang your heads in shame second hand car dealer and P.E teacher ??

This place is full of em ain’t it.

Tell me you’re on a wind up. Tell me you’re joking
I'm not sure what you're struggling to understand here.

My mates brothers gardeners wifes sisters daughter knows Mark Molesley's daughter and so knows his transfer plans set out in the summer of 2020 and at read:
1) Greg Halford, but not until December.
2) Sim Akinola, but not until December.
3) Sam Hart, but not until December.
4) Nile Ranger, but not until February.
5) Ricky Holmes, but not until February.

Whatever he was given he’d have gone for 0-0, 1-0 every week. As discussed, one week of a proper manager and he sets up completely different with the same, competent players on the books. He was hopeless and had no idea what to do. Here for 10 weeks too long and it is his pathetic management (obviously Ron, equally to blame) for taking us down.
On both of there C.V’s should be the ruination of a strong, League football club.
We literally went from shipping 3/4 a game for two seasons in a row to now having 14 clean sheets. It is a process, not something that happens over night. When you cannot attract good players because of the chairman you have to then sit slightly deeper.

If we went all out attack we still won't score and would just lose 4-0. Let's face it, Exeter should have scored at least 2 in the last 10-15mins on Saturday.

We literally went from shipping 3/4 a game for two seasons in a row to now having 14 clean sheets. It is a process, not something that happens over night. When you cannot attract good players because of the chairman you have to then sit slightly deeper.

If we went all out attack we still won't score and would just lose 4-0. Let's face it, Exeter should have scored at least 2 in the last 10-15mins on Saturday.
The players out there Saturday were and are still well good enough for this tin pot league.
Didn’t score on this occasion, nor did Exeter but looked far more likely to than 6 months under M.M.
He bought in players that were good enough for this league but didn’t have a clue what to do with them.....worst manager for 20 years!

The players out there Saturday were and are still well good enough for this tin pot league.
Didn’t score on this occasion, nor did Exeter but looked far more likely to than 6 months under M.M.
He bought in players that were good enough for this league but didn’t have a clue what to do with them.....worst manager for 20 years!
I really wish I could be as naive as to see things the way you do.

I'm not sure what you're struggling to understand here.

My mates brothers gardeners wifes sisters daughter knows Mark Molesley's daughter and so knows his transfer plans set out in the summer of 2020 and at read:
1) Greg Halford, but not until December.
2) Sim Akinola, but not until December.
3) Sam Hart, but not until December.
4) Nile Ranger, but not until February.
5) Ricky Holmes, but not until February.
I cannot believe Mark CHOSE to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had 2 shots on target on Saturday

In MM's last game against Morecambe we had 3 on target and overall had less attempts (we had Tim Dieng in the false 9 btw)

Morecambe were also much better than Exeter

In MM's last game against Morecambe we had 3 on target and overall had less attempts (we had Tim Dieng in the false 9 btw)

Good luck in your next career Mark?

Even though Molesley has been sacked an gone you feel the need to continue the rant. Ok, I sort of get that but to call us a strong League football club is deluded.

I still can't get my head around the match stats for last Saturday. We had 14 shots of which 2 were on target. Against Crawley we had 14 shots of which 1 was on target. Against Morecambe we had 9 shots of which 3 were on target. Against Carlisle we had 4 shots (!!) of which 1 was on target. Against Harrogate we had 10 shots of which 5 were on target.

So in our last five matches we have had 51 shots of which 12 were on target.

Why can't we shoot straight....?

Now consider the one team below us in the table. Grimsby. How useless must they be? Two of their players have been sacked due to one headbutting the other during a game. HOW useless must they be....?

On Saturday against one of the best teams in this division Grimsby had 28 shots of which 13 were on target. That's one shot more on target in one game than we could manage in our last 5....

Even though Molesley has been sacked an gone you feel the need to continue the rant. Ok, I sort of get that but to call us a strong League football club is deluded.
We live in an age where truth is no longer Important. It is only our opinions which matter to us.

So that means its all down to you as to why we kept Sol on after everyone knew about him. If he had gone by December we might even have kept the sort of players we had no chance of replacing.

Some of your criticism of previous managers (while justified IMO) would make more sense if you were also to turn the heat on the Chairman from time to time.

Back