• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

onceknownasrab

President
Watching Bilel against the Gills last night further cemented my feeling that he is our outstanding player. Hall has had enough accolades and Barker/Phillips so much praise when on form but Bil is a more complete footballer now than they have ever been or will be. When I think back to comments by Gilbert et al about how Bil cost the team a trip to Anfield I think Bil would be correct if he slated the rest of the team for risking his chance of promotion. And I know which one I think is more important. Bil is a rough diamond and nowhere near the finished article, but even at his level of naivety he offers more on a consistent basis than any other Blues player. I hope some of the players have apologised to him as apparently he has to them. I know his temperament is iffy but he has yet to do a kung-fu kick on a supporter or talk about seagulls following trawlers and we all know that behaviour did Cantona no harm. Bil is the only player on a consistent basis that does not cheat me of the money I pay for a ticket.

I'm Bills no1 fan but I am not hinding from the truth that he should not have been allowed to play tonight. On friday he clearly grabbed their no 10 by the throat and got away with it even though the lino called the ref over. That night he should have got a red card and that may well have been the last time we saw him. I don't think a lot of people say the incident but I did along with many other south upper viewers and I was so dissappionted in him after all the support the fans showed him when he was going through a very tough time in his career.

MOM last night by a country mile!! Worth the trip and standing out in the open for on that excuse for a stand/scaffold.

Agreed. Thought he was immense once again. Even when he isnt great his commitment and effort mean he still looks one of the better players. The ball for our 2nd goal last night was immense. Well deserving of MOM for my mind.

I think he has improved a great deal technically this season. The pass to Martin to set up our second, and the shot that were saved were both with his left foot. He displays an ability with the ball greater than most of our players, and that doesnt even take into consideration that he is an absolute beast, superb in the air, strong in the tackle etc. If he can channel it a bit more I think he can play at a very high level, as a defender or a striker. I know that may sound a bit far fetched, but you look at someone like Grant Holt, doing well in the prem as a good old fashioned target man.....Other than a sensible head on his shoulders I would say Holt doesnt have that many attributes Bilel doesn't...... let's cherish him while he is with us as he is / could be a gem.

yeh bilel is quality as i have always said, these sort of players do not come around this often, after all how many positions can he play in ? priceless guy and a really nice chap.

Put simply, imo, his strengths plus potential outweigh his weaknesses. He will go on to bigger and better things so let's enjoy him whilst he's here.

Put simply, imo, his strengths plus potential outweigh his weaknesses. He will go on to bigger and better things so let's enjoy him whilst he's here.

His weakness in the past has been his inability to stay on the pitch. Hopefully he has learned his lesson after the Oldham game as there's no doubt he has loads of ability and potential.

The last few games he has been absolutely brilliant! Really really brilliant a hand in both goals last night and could have scored himself! Especially if we got a bloody corner which I don't think we did!

Best player last night. The pass he made to set up Martin for the goal was sublime. I feel you could put him in almost any position on the pitch and he would be immense. Even goalie! Lucky to have such a special talent at the club.

Agree with all above. Gotta love his commitment during games. Well done to PS for giving him another chance.

Well done to PS for giving him another chance.

As I have already said in this thread he actually already wasted that chance. I really am not trying to throw the book at him but I am still really dissappionted in him after what he did in fridays game. I fell he really let the fans down but luckily for him he got away with it.

To be fair Matty thats 3 threads you've mentioned this incident in and no one else has made any comment whatsoever .. you sure you aren't overstating something and nothing ??

Lost count the amount of times last night me and Em praised his work, both going forward and defensively. Think he only lost 2 headers all night and although Dicko did well (first half only!) and Kane "worked his socks off" for 90 mins, Bil was definetely our stand out player.

To be fair Matty thats 3 threads you've mentioned this incident in and no one else has made any comment whatsoever .. you sure you aren't overstating something and nothing ??

Two actually and personally I think not. I personally spoke to Bilel about what happened at Oldham and he was devastated and when he was given another chance he was over the moon and for him to do that personally I think takes the ****.

I completely agree that he has been easily our best player in the last two games but I as I say if the red did send him off I bet everyone would want him gone but because he got away with it no one says anything. I think he's an idiot for risking it and wasting more and more chances he's been given by the fans and manager. I think it's time he grew up a bit. I enjoy watching him play not being sub or being banned.

Two actually and personally I think not. I personally spoke to Bilel about what happened at Oldham and he was devastated and when he was given another chance he was over the moon and for him to do that personally I think takes the ****.

I completely agree that he has been easily our best player in the last two games but I as I say if the red did send him off I bet everyone would want him gone but because he got away with it no one says anything. I think he's an idiot for risking it and wasting more and more chances he's been given by the fans and manager. I think it's time he grew up a bit. I enjoy watching him play not being sub or being banned.

I saw it, Bil was getting on top of their forward and he was getting frustrated, so he seemed to decide to wind Bil up it started with a bit of pushing , then as we got a throw in the south east corner the forward walked back into postion , as he pased Bil he put all of his weight on the ball of one foot , which happened to be on top of Bils foot at the time .
Bil immediately grabbed is throat and then almost as quickly let go and started pointing .

The ref must have seen something as he spoke to the Rotherham player for longer than he spoke to Bil.

If the ref had sent both off it would have been a fair call, but to have only sent Bilel off would , imho, been an injustice

Cheers for clearing that up lads, my biggest gripe about the family enclosure is the view is generally pretty crap (some would argue that is a positive :winking:)

Agree with all the stuff about his improvement - but just as importantly, Bilel is a character. Football with faceless prima donas is another of the reasons it often gets a bad press.
He's not perfect, but BM's :thumbsup:impact good or bad is uncontestable. I'd rather have that than boredom.

Back