• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My take on it is that TrueBlue has many issues outside of football. He seems to be a complex character, fighting with himself, his demons, his past, and his addictions. By nature, he is an attention seeker, which in turn means he likes to be the centre of attention. Doing a Sumo at a football match guarantees people are looking at him, standing on tables at a pub. Being the big stand out guy, and the loudest in amongst teenagers, gets him noticed. When it blows up in his face, like now, he wishes he wasn't that person.

On the other side, he is as loyal a supporter as you can get. He has worked tirelessly behind the scenes. He has many times dipped into his own pocket, especially to promote TBV. If seats are broken at Roots, he will go and fix them himself. He follows Southend all over the Country, through good times and bad, and even to Scotland and Spain for friendlies.

So guys, he's held his hands up, he's been a pratt again, probably won't be the last. Lets give him some slack. I wish our club had a Thousand more like him (Toned down version of course).

Also it's not about how many games you go too does not make be better or more special then any other shrimper

Not far behind you when it comes for years of traveling home and away over 15 years for me, when I say educate yourself is not intended as a dig what I am trying to say if you was in W block for a game you would hear that songs are being sung all game some louder then others, yet you sit there and say nothing is happening when it really is, all I am doing is inviting you over to see and hear it from our part of the ground.

Ultras? How cliche I don't recall us ever calling ourselves that.

As for away support I am part of that yet you don't seem to have much wrong to say about that?

It's really not about egos at all I was lumbered with this when lee (smiffy) had to call it a day - maybe I should let it just fade away?

Think you are missing the point Scott.

Of cause by being in the mist of the W block It would seem louder but silencer sits in the East ( I believe) and is saying it really isnt that as loud as some make it out to be.

The home support is poor always has been always will be. Only time a lower league will have top notch home support is when the club are winning games/big cup tie.

Our away support is different class but thats down to the fact we are bunched together in 1 or 2 blocks and its the "hard core" who attend.

Crikey what a debate...

TrueBlue is clearly as loyal as they get. I can understand why there is so much provocative speech on this thread because everyone wants to be the best fan and in the right. Each to their own. Few will get on with everyone.

I can understand when someone invests so much time, effort and money feeling that they expect a particular standard in return. You might not agree but there is no right answer. Life is about opinions. TrueBlue has paid his money and is free to vent his opinions.

However, there is a mark and it can be overstepped so step forward with caution.

No one can argue with what the lad has done for the club though. I agree with the comments from 70s North Bank above.

But they can't be , because I am............................

Think you are missing the point Scott.

Of cause by being in the mist of the W block It would seem louder but silencer sits in the East ( I believe) and is saying it really isnt that as loud as some make it out to be.

The home support is poor always has been always will be. Only time a lower league will have top notch home support is when the club are winning games/big cup tie.

Our away support is different class but thats down to the fact we are bunched together in 1 or 2 blocks and its the "hard core" who attend.

Not far wrong mate - in a bizarre way, it's almost like the TBV area has almost alienated itself from the rest of the stadium. In years gone by, the atmosphere would start and gradually build up through the stands and around the ground. By us isolating a lot (more younger members) of the vocal supporting fans in one area, it leaves others who may like a sing song as the minority around other parts of the ground - hence them being more reluctant to join in and sing - hope that makes sense!!!

TrueBlue - I did not have a dig at your efforts or support, it's the other attention craving antics that go with it. Even more so when in the North Bank when you guys seemingly spent more time goading and facing the away supporters than actually watching the match.

I would love Roots Hall to be rocking but it plain and simply doesn't rock!!!

Tell me your Dads height first

One inch bigger than yours...and he's really hard. Anyway, I never said I was a spokesman for all dads. It was foist upon me and I'd just love someone to take the responsibility away from me. Hater. Lefty.

One inch bigger than yours...and he's really hard. Anyway, I never said I was a spokesman for all dads. It was foist upon me and I'd just love someone to take the responsibility away from me. Hater. Lefty.

My Dad is actually a registered dwarf at only 3' 1".
He's never been a big fan of Southend though.
Doesn't like the name Shrimpers - gives him a complex.

Back