• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperton

Manager
At last nights youth training (my boys), i was speaking to a southend scout, ive spoke to him before but never about Sufc related issues until last night..

Highlights of our conversation were.....

Tilly was a front runner for the Brighton job and was gutted Poyet got it, also Tilly is what he called 'putting a brave face on the Brush going situation till the end of season'

Tilly also wanted Flahavan back this season on loan but couldnt afford the wages, although everyone is impressed the way Lee Turner has worked with Mildenhall Tilly aint confident in Mildy.

Tilly also tried to sign 2 players from Chelmsford (dont know who) but Ron only offered them the same money as they were getting at Chelmsford, the players also have full time jobs on top of the money they get from Chelmsford. So hence they were better off staying put.

I asked the million doller question.... Will Tilly be off end of season?? His reply was....... He will go anywhere that gives him a budget to work with, and laughed.

Pretty much the usual conjecture really. You can certainly see that some of it is believeable.

However I don't believe the Flahavan story at all. I'd reckon that M'Voto & O'Donovan and possibly Baldwin would be higher earners than Flahavan who has mostly spent the last two years warming his arse on the bench at Palace.

Heard similar things from a credible source close to the management team - they were also gutted that they didnt take the Norwich job and heard lots of interesting stuff about Brush and the Webb situ...

Tilly also wanted Flahavan back this season on loan but couldnt afford the wages, although everyone is impressed the way Lee Turner has worked with Mildenhall Tilly aint confident in Mildy.

I would love to see Flavs back here.

"Darryl...do you hate Col U, Darryl....do you hate Col U"

I had a 20 minute conversation with one of our players before the Brentford game and he mentioned about Tilly leaving and that a lot of the lads will be off as well if he goes as he's created a good team spirit. Didn't say it was definite but i didn't push for this info he actually told me.

I'v heard lots of things from many people too but I'm not going to tell you what or who so there

I would love to see Flavs back here.

"Darryl...do you hate Col U, Darryl....do you hate Col U"

So would i, he mentioned the fact Flavs is leaving Palace at the end of the season , he wont be coming here though, his wife has already moved back to Southampton, so he is hoping for a move to Bournemouth or a club closer to home.

So would i, he mentioned the fact Flavs is leaving Palace at the end of the season , he wont be coming here though, his wife has already moved back to Southampton, so he is hoping for a move to Bournemouth or a club closer to home.

That's alright if he moves to Bournemouth he can be the assistant to the assistant to the manager! ;)

I've heard similar too first hand. Im sick of hearing that none of the players or management want to work under Ron Martin anymore and his bully treatment.

If there was to be a mass exodus in the summer next season will be similar to this year but being in league 2 with conference football calling!!!

I've heard similar too first hand. Im sick of hearing that none of the players or management want to work under Ron Martin anymore and his bully treatment.

If there was to be a mass exodus in the summer next season will be similar to this year but being in league 2 with conference football calling!!!

I am still confused - are our players all rubbish and we want them to leave or do they all want to leave and this would be a very bad thing?

Ive heard that every thread on here has to have at least 5 posts of "Ive heard".
I have heard that we are having onions on our burgers on Saturday, sadly this doesn't make it true. I will believe all of these rumours when they happen, not before. Good luck and UTB.

Pretty much the usual conjecture really. You can certainly see that some of it is believeable.

However I don't believe the Flahavan story at all. I'd reckon that M'Voto & O'Donovan and possibly Baldwin would be higher earners than Flahavan who has mostly spent the last two years warming his arse on the bench at Palace.

I can assure you that you would be surprised how little M'Voto is on certainly nowhere near our top earners. We will still be in the top 10 payers in this league this season(when they actually get paid of course), which will then be interesting who leaves in the summer because the majority won't be able to command a higher wage elsewhere.

Back