• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly MOTM?

jumbo shrimp

Although it's likely to result in a loss of form I think Tilly could be in with a shout for 'Manager of the Month' for February.

We don't have a 100% record but to remain undefeated - considering this month's opponents - is quite a feat. In addition to this - a juicy victory away at Bristol Rovers in the LDV Area Final.

I imagine his only other rival is the Macclesfield manager - as far as I can see they are the only other undefeated team this month.

So here's hoping for three points and recognition of Tilson's achievements....

Call me a pessimist but it'll never happen. We've had a cracking season and done well on an extremely limited budget, probably one of the lowest in the top half, yet had virtually no recognition.
It'll probably go to Yeovil's manager for scoring lots of goals in the last five minutes...

Well, it won't be going to Alexander again. The ungrateful....

Oh yeah, and don't forget Macc have won 5 of their last 5.

Horton deserves it, frankly. Macc Town have won 5 games on the bounce, since mid Jan - 3 of which games fall in the month of February. Those results include a 3-1 win over Yeovil.

Of course, a lot depends on how Macc get on tonight against Oxford (obviously, I'm praying that Oxford win!) and then at home on Saturday against Brizzle Rovers (I'll take a 0-0, with Agogo being sent off and banned for 3 games!). If they win that, it'll be 5 out of 5 in February, sitting in the top 3, and a winning streak of 7 on the trot.

I'm afraid that nothing that Tilly has done this month matches up to that. But that's fine. Manager of the Month is not something we - or Tilly - should care too much about.

If we get to Cardiff in the LDV and/or go up, then Tilly knows he's probably in with a shout for being voted the best manager in the division...

cool.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 23 2005,12:06)]If we get to Cardiff in the LDV and/or go up, then Tilly knows he's probably in with a shout for being voted the best manager in the division...

cool.gif
biggrin.gif
Blimey - what a double that would be.

Has anyone ever done this before?
rock.gif

Currently top of the February form table are..... Shrewsbury, they Wycombe and Lincoln have so far picked up 10 points.

They've all played 5, but ourselves and Macc are the only unbeaten in Feb, playing 4 and 3 respectively.

Our opponents this Saturday are one of the worst, 5 games in Feb and 0 wins, just 2 draws.

As for manager of the month i would say Tilly is in with a shout if we win on Saturday, but i wouldn't bet against the Wycombe manager getting it if they win as they have come from the lower mid-table to within a point of the playoffs over Feb.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jumbo shrimp @ Feb. 23 2005,09:52)]Although it's likely to result in a loss of form I think Tilly could be in with a shout for 'Manager of the Month' for February.

We don't have a 100% record but to remain undefeated - considering this month's opponents - is quite a feat. In addition to this - a juicy victory away at Bristol Rovers in the LDV Area Final.

I imagine his only other rival is the Macclesfield manager - as far as I can see they are the only other undefeated team this month.

So here's hoping for three points and recognition of Tilson's achievements....
Its the kiss of death that award.

Best to give it a wide berth (just in case)

I agree with MtS on this one. Considering we gave the entire division a five game head-start and we are now level on points with third place, IF we do get promoted and win the LDV, the MotS award should be Tilson's.

cool.gif

Back