• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly - Have your feelings changed

• Loved him before and do now - No matter what - No changes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loved him before but feel slightly let down by him recently

• Loved him before but feel totally let down

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Steve Tilson is Southend's favourite son. No questions there. When he took over we were in sh!t street and now we are a decent(ish) championship side. Mainly down to the sound workof Steve Tilson.

Up till this last week I thought if you cut Tilly open he would bleed blue and I have never contemplated him ever leaving.

However the whole Norwich thing seems to have given some people a change of heart. Most people seem to have come out in full support of Ron Martins stance.

My questions is hve your feelings towards Tilly changed slighty since the whole Norwich incident.

For me personally whilst I dont begrude him the move I have felt disapointed by a few of the media sound bytes I have seen from him. I feel he clealry wants to go and has really all but said that even on our own site.

Last week someone called all be it tonge in cheek for him quit and I replied back and said I wojuld back him 100% even if we lost every other game this season.

I now feel I have all be it temporarily lost some respect for the great man.

Am I alone in feeling this way.

suspect.gif

sad.gif

Even if he goes - and even if he wants to go - I would not change my views of him.  He is, and will always be, a legend and a favourite son of Southend. He still ranks with Webby as the greatest manager we've ever had.  We were utter dogsh*t when he took us over, and no one could blame him for wanting to better himself.

Norwich are a very decent club, and have a very realistic prospect of getting into the Premier League.  I hope we wouldn't stand in his way to try and get there.

Oh, and then we could poach Steve Thomson from Notts County, I reckon.

biggrin.gif

I still love him as much as ever whilst feeling slightly let down, if that makes sense.

I suppose its less a feeling of being let down than a feeling of Tilly might actually leave us one day soon, which is worrying.

I feel this whole issue has reached a new low when a DtS poll is, for a kickoff, not humorous and, secondly, is questioning Tilly's commitment to Southend.

I'll always consider him a legend whatever he does and wherever (and whenever) he goes.

Unless it's to Col Ewe or Tinned Spam.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 12 2006,19:11)]I feel this whole issue has reached a new low when a DtS poll is, for a kickoff, not humorous and, secondly, is questioning Tilly's commitment to Southend.
Sorry mate but sums up my low feelings at the moment....
laugh.gif

The man is a legend and will remain that way whatever happens. Yes i would be disappointed but Tilly has given us Shrimpers some amazing times which will never be forgotten.

I suggest to one and all that we let Tilly know how much we appreciate him Friday night and sing his name LOUD AND PROUD!!!

Let's be realistic for a moment. Tilly loves Southend and always will. That's regardless of whether he's the manager of SUFC, Norwich or a Sunday league side. There have been a few clubs reportedly interested in him of late, but it would seem as though Norwich are the only team to have got his attention. The reason for this is that it's a great opportunity for him and it's only natural that a manager wants to better himself.

He is not being disloyal to Southend by having his head turned, I remember when Tilly was at the peak of his playing career and he turned down the opportunity to join Coventry - a Premiership side at the time - to stay at The Blues. That was a real show of loyalty if ever there was one!

I want Tilly to be at Southend forever, but if he does go then I'd be pleased for him, whilst at the same time be gutted for us. The quotes coming from him are disappointing, but only because I want him to stay. Does that doesn't mean I've lost any respect for Tilly? No, not in the slightest. The man's a Southend United legend!

So, let's let him now tomorrow that we want him to stay instead of acting like the jilted lover over something that may not even happen!

Back