• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tillys Days at Canvey are Numbered

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
Rumour flying around that he is one defeat away from being axed and maybe even sooner than that as lots of unrest and having to name himself as sub last week may of added to the troubles he is facing over there .

That is so sad. Can't believe how low Tilly's stock has fallen. Like was said above, if he gets the boot from Canvey, his chances of getting back into league football again after that must be virtually nil.

Someone at work, their son plays for Canvey and he is very critical of Tilly. Hardly speaks to players, lets his assistant do most of it, trots out the same excuses for defeats and plays his favourites despite their poor performances.
I think the reason he named himself as sub was the midweek games a lot of the players cant get to due to work committments.

By naming himself as sub and not using one of his squad is a clear sign he doesn;t trust his squad , I have also heard the critically side to his management but not all players are going to get on with their managers , especially when they are being overlooked.

shame for him but football is a results business and Canveys results are not good enough

Bring Tlson back to southend, Best manager we ever had. Sack Brown he wont be any good, he only good manager if he has good football team under him. He wont cope with our under performing players trust me.

Bring Tlson back to southend, Best manager we ever had. Sack Brown he wont be any good, he only good manager if he has good football team under him. He wont cope with our under performing players trust me.

Sorry - how can you say "bring back Tilson", when you are writing in a thread about Tilly about to be sacked at Canvey !!! Yes he oversaw our most succesful period, but after he left us, he couldnt stop Lincoln from dropping out the league, he then couldnt stop Lincoln from dropping down the Non League Table and he know is facing the sack at Canvey. Tilsons days are long gone.

Lets give Brown the benefit of the doubt with his own players, before we get on his back for the current crop of under performing players, of whom may I add cost Sturrock his job as well ! Our decline this season has NOTHING at all to do with Brown and if you think it has, I assume you wasnt at the 3 home games, under Sturrock, where we gained a massive 1 point from 9 nor the performances after Christmas that proceeded them !!!

Too many good managers are sacked because a football team plays bad, That not the manager fault is it. Sir Alex of manchester united woulnt be able to promote southend if he was our boss, its down to the under performing players, Simple as that.

Just face fact its the players. Not the managers. We need 11 more players. Brown wont last 5 minutes.

Just face fact its the players. Not the managers. We need 11 more players. Brown wont last 5 minutes.

He has lasted more than that already. If it is the players, then what good would bringing Tilson in do?

Too many good managers are sacked because a football team plays bad, That not the manager fault is it. Sir Alex of manchester united woulnt be able to promote southend if he was our boss, its down to the under performing players, Simple as that.

I dont know how long you have watched Southend, but your comment is incorrect, because in my life time of coming to Roots Hall, I saw Barry Fry take over a Colin Murphy team, that was dreadful and with the same players turned our season on its head ! & dont give me the "he had Collymore ...........", so did Murphy, he signed him afterall !!!

Well, if that's the case, then the question has to be why? Not sure I agree at all, any manager runs the risk of being sacked if a team plays consistently badly, even SAF. Tilly had his day here, both as a player and a manager, he had good times and bad during both. It's time to move on, he wouldn't come back while Ron was still in charge anyway, of that I'm quite sure!

Well, if that's the case, then the question has to be why? Not sure I agree at all, any manager runs the risk of being sacked if a team plays consistently badly, even SAF. Tilly had his day here, both as a player and a manager, he had good times and bad during both. It's time to move on, he wouldn't come back while Ron was still in charge anyway, of that I'm quite sure!

im probably being stupid but why did Tilly and martins relationship turn so bad in the end? Is it purely because Martin put him on gardening leave?

im probably being stupid but why did Tilly and martins relationship turn so bad in the end? Is it purely because Martin put him on gardening leave?
Think the lack/lateness of wages paid over that last year probably had a lot to do with it.

Too many good managers are sacked because a football team plays bad, That not the manager fault is it.

If a manager's job is to manage their team then they can expect some disciplinary action if that team isn't performing. Doesn't matter if it's a team of accountants, telesales clerks, or football players. Going by your logic a manager could simply secure his or her job and then put their feet up, safe in the knowledge that retirement or death are the only ways out.

By the way, why no streak at Wembley? You said you'd do that if we sold a certain number of tickets.

I spoke to Tilley at Wembley on Sunday and he said that he would not return while Uncle Ron is there. Whether he meant on his side or Ron's, or both, I'm not sure.

Back