• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson to Watford?

shrimperjon

President
Just spoken to a guy who is very close to Tilson, golfing buddy etc and he said that Tilson has meeting with Martin this afternoon. Watford have made an approach. Not sure quite how accurate this info is, because some stuff he tells me is rubbish but a fair bit has been good.

Agree there cockles. Slippery slope towards becoming a crap league 2 club again

The club is bigger than one man. Yes, tilson going would be a loss, but who knows what could happen with new management.....if this happens. One thing to note, that Austin is still at Watford, dont believe he has left for Reading.

What has Ince proved. Kept Macclesfield up, great achievement under the circumstances, Mk promoted, big club in league two with resources, expected. Blackburn, probably big club to early. Tilson, has proved he can work under limited resources and circumstances, although we all know we should have done better in championship than we did.

Just spoken to a guy who is very close to Tilson, golfing buddy etc and he said that Tilson has meeting with Martin this afternoon. Watford have made an approach. Not sure quite how accurate this info is, because some stuff he tells me is rubbish but a fair bit has been good.

Your mate is clearly winding you up jon.

Got a mate who works in the Fish House and confirmed Ron and Tilly are in there. Ron ordered a jumbo sausage in batter with chips and a can of Fanta, Tilly went for Jumbo Plaice and chips and a Yazoo milkshake. He overheard Tilly saying "I'm going and taking Sankofa and Betsy with me, just try stop me".

What has Ince proved. Kept Macclesfield up, great achievement under the circumstances, Mk promoted, big club in league two with resources, expected. Blackburn, probably big club to early. Tilson, has proved he can work under limited resources and circumstances, although we all know we should have done better in championship than we did.

Since when has logic ever mattered in football? Ince wasn't really given a fair crack at Blackburn although it was too soon for him to go to a Prem club IMO and he can probably do well at a championship club, but who knows? I edited the post to include Curbs and Pardew aswell either of which is probably more likely tbh.

With regard to childish comments such as, your mate is winding you up, he has no reason to. He knows Tilson well and has said many times this season that Tilson is fed up etc. Why would this be so odd. Some on here were worried that he might go to swansea. Well, i would suggest that Watford would be a far greater move for him in terms of locality than swansea, so there could be some mileage in it.

With regard to childish comments such as, your mate is winding you up, he has no reason to. He knows Tilson well and has said many times this season that Tilson is fed up etc. Why would this be so odd. Some on here were worried that he might go to swansea. Well, i would suggest that Watford would be a far greater move for him in terms of locality than swansea, so there could be some mileage in it.

Not being funny mate we've seen these kind of threads too many times before!

Agree, re 'thread before' comments. But the guy is geniune and is standing infront of me. Tilson said he will call him tonight re any news, plus they are golfing Sunday. Anyway thats what this site is about, rumours etc. I get bored with the constant rumours re signings that never happen, but thats the point of this board!!!!!

Could possibly have some legs considering Dean Austin is assistant manager, might've put in a good word for Tilly

Got a mate who works in the Fish House and confirmed Ron and Tilly are in there. Ron ordered a jumbo sausage in batter with chips and a can of Fanta, Tilly went for Jumbo Plaice and chips and a Yazoo milkshake. He overheard Tilly saying "I'm going and taking Sankofa and Betsy with me, just try stop me".

I heard that too but that Ron saved us from having to lose Sankofa and Betsy by paying for the Plaice and chips.

Back