• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson to Watford?

Surely not? :O

C_71_article_1023851_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Sorry I meant to say they have appointed Steve McLaren

Just got an email off the Yahoo Shrimper group saying they've heard strong rumours from Swansea fans that they're about to make an approach for Tilson.

I wouldn't normally think this would have legs, especially considering all the big names being mentioned as Martinez's replacement, but the last two comments about current transfer activities have suggested to me that all is not rosy in the Roots Hall garden just now. For example look at RM's blog comment about how he expects a Clarke replacement to be signed this week & then ST's "I won't be rushed into signings" story posted up yesterday...

No smoke without fire & all that...

Just got an email off the Yahoo Shrimper group saying they've heard strong rumours from Swansea fans that they're about to make an approach for Tilson.

I wouldn't normally think this would have legs, especially considering all the big names being mentioned as Martinez's replacement, but the last two comments about current transfer activities have suggested to me that all is not rosy in the Roots Hall garden just now. For example look at RM's blog comment about how he expects a Clarke replacement to be signed this week & then ST's "I won't be rushed into signings" story posted up yesterday...

Like I mention on another thread, maybe Tilson did hope to have a centre half signed up this week and it was Chorley who joined Orient. Maybe it was the centre half from Daggers or Michael Nelson and them have both turned us down you just don't know.

Tilson hardly ever comes out an says his after this player and that player. His playing his cards close to his chest, and thats the way it should be. He doesn't want to alert Clubs to our transfer targets does he.

The Swansea job will probably go to Poyet.

My Swansea mate hasn't even entertained the idea that they'd go for Tilly.

Red herring glasgow....the've already offered the job to paulo souza

I was only passing on a rumour I had heard from elsewhere, I didn't think it was all that likely. The only thing that worries me is if T&B's relationship with RM will stand another sustained period of financial restraint!

Back