• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilsons comment of the week

true blue = ****** thinking he a better fan than us saying tilson out get the point you are in the minority stop truying to be like labour and cange our mind its not happening (and yes i would say it to your face)!!!

Surly my misguided friend me saying Tilson out would make me a worse fan?

I just think and this is my opinion that I would like to see a change, thats all!
Instead of trying to talk to me like mug why not ask me to explain my views and engage in debate and discussion or are you trying to be like labour and 'cange' my mind its not happening?

Oh and I picked out this little gem just to prove if I am taking ***** you must be too!

ok i just wrote a big thing and my connection went but

whats the point of the blues voice if they only sing when we are ok /good surely we need them most to inject passion when we are ****?
worst atmosphere in a long time.also am i the only one who has renewed my season ticket an doesnt think its a waste of money as i am a southend fan so if we was bottom of conferance losing 6-0 to canvey id still go.supporter = a person or thing that supports.2.an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate

not
1. moaning weather good or bad findin every fault possible and getting on players backs for mistaker

2. questioning if worth going to see and ability of players /manegement yet after 3 wins saying best team ever

now tilly has built a team out of nothing AGAIN loans ect if we had this squad with a preseason ect i would think we would do ok. i love the club and always will and as much as it will hurt me i will be there home and away what ever next season hopefully the blues voice will have improved by then.

utb in tilly i trust ( seems i the only one at the moment though)

Last edited:
Tilly is in the Echo today saying how good the support has been this season, is he talking crap TB ? or is it only crap if you happen to disagree ?

Tilson never rang the Echo and said 'Hi I just want to release a press statement saying the support was great'

Tilson I guarantee you was ASKED the question

Tilson never rang the Echo and said 'Hi I just want to release a press statement saying the support was great'

Tilson I guarantee you was ASKED the question

Does Tilson ring the Echo and say that he wants to release a statement saying that we did well then ? or is he asked the question ?

As with any superhero, you can only judge Tilsonman on his actions. Judging him on his post match interviews and the guff he spews to the Echo is like writing off Superman for wearing red pants and powder blue leggings. It's deeply unsettling, but for the greater good, you just have to accept it.

He needs a good assistant/coach with him, cant do it all on his own and things can turnaround but it needs a bit of luck, ie no injuries, player coming from youths and playing out of there skin or finding a hidden gem in the transfer market like Eastwood.

Though we have gone down, Tilson is a better manager than when he first joined us, yes I think he will admit he has made some mistakes but I am sure he will learn from them

Not sure how relevant it is but remember Ian Holloway getting bombed out of the door at Leicester after they got relegated to League One, has a year out and turns up at Blackpool as a replacement for Simon Grayson, look where he has taken them, in the Championship play off's and two games from the Premiership and are Blackpool that much bigger than us ?

As with any superhero, you can only judge Tilsonman on his actions. Judging him on his post match interviews and the guff he spews to the Echo is like writing off Superman for wearing red pants and powder blue leggings. It's deeply unsettling, but for the greater good, you just have to accept it.

Yeah but Clark Kent worked for the newspaper so his interviews would have been awesome

Whoever said The Blue Voice are s***! What are you on?

Saying they only sing during good spells and when we are winning!
I dont know what games you have been to but Seriously after Christmas at Home and Away our support has been great. If they only sing when we are having good times, then why was we singing at MK Dons away when we was losing there was about 30 of us standing up and True Blue on the drum trying our best. We sang at Leeds when we were losing, Oldham when we were losing. And especially in the second half at Southampton we were outstanding and we were already relegated. I dont think many teams would take 1105 away when there team is relegated. Lets let our good support continue next season and hopefully have more numbers at away games. I think without the Blue Voice and the Drum there would be no atmosphere! UTB :)

Also thanks to True Blue and all the others that have been on the drum throughout the season its made a difference!

Last edited:
Calm down Jack, I think Scott has taken that quote out of another thread and put it in there because of a tiff he is having with the writer of it - it's not a new comment.

This short article contains Tilson's comments of the week

SOUTHEND United manager Steve Tilson is determined to give the club’s supporters more to celebrate next season.

More than 1,000 fans made the journey to Southampton on Saturday to see their already relegated side lose 3-1 in the final game of a depressing campaign.

And Tilson is keen to repay their tremendous loyalty.

“The fans were just fantastic again,” said the Blues boss.

“They have been all season in fairness to them but to see that many of them in the away end and in their fancy dress too was just a different class.

“They really did make the club proud and hopefully we can give them more to be singing and cheering about next season.”

For whats its worth, I thought both sides played cr@p

not to sure where you got this from. this is not correct at all. i think we played one of our best games especially the first half. we had something like 4 corners in a row at point.

i've been up north too many times this season seeing us not get one shot no target so saying they played rubbish you must not have been to that many games.

i was very happy to see us have a bit of attacking ability with us and i put that down to removing vernon (donkey) and putting a young and hungry striker in his place.

theres been a lot of bad performances this season but that wasn't one.

Saying they only sing during good spells and when we are winning!
I dont know what games you have been to but Seriously after Christmas at Home and Away our support has been great. If they only sing when we are having good times, then why was we singing at MK Dons away when we was losing there was about 30 of us standing up and True Blue on the drum trying our best. We sang at Leeds when we were losing, Oldham when we were losing. And especially in the second half at Southampton we were outstanding and we were already relegated. I dont think many teams would take 1105 away when there team is relegated. Lets let our good support continue next season and hopefully have more numbers at away games. I think without the Blue Voice and the Drum there would be no atmosphere! UTB :)

Also thanks to True Blue and all the others that have been on the drum throughout the season its made a difference!

Ban the drum,it's too noisy.

Back