• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time off over Christmas

Last day at work - Xmas Eve - likely to be driving into work as there'll be no trains left by the time I finish.

Next scheduled day back at work 17th Jan making it the longest unenforced break I've had since 1983. Before anyone moans I've probably worked the equivalent of two years this year.

It's more than a 50/50 possibility that I'll be back in the office for one day next Wednesday and less than a 50/50 possibility that I may have to come in for one day on 4th January.

And mainly for Napster's benefit. Conferences already scheduled are:

1) Korea in March, incorporating the annual pilgrimage to HK and probably taking in Singapore, less probably taking in Tokyo. Hmmmmm tough.
2) Athens in May. Oh dear oh dear.
3) Scotland in Autumn, either St Andrews or Edinburgh. A week of golf occassionally interrupted by a meeting, lunch or dinner.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 22 2004,13:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Dec. 22 2004,12:45)]You're older than me mate - checked the birthday calendar on here. I'm not 31 till next year  
wink.gif
sad.gif

Same school year, though... surely?!

tounge.gif
Clutching at straws though..........surely?

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Dec. 22 2004,14:50)]1) Korea in March, incorporating the annual pilgrimage to HK and probably taking in Singapore, less probably taking in Tokyo. Hmmmmm tough.
3) Scotland in Autumn, either St Andrews or Edinburgh. A week of golf occassionally interrupted by a meeting, lunch or dinner.
Not bad. I've got Munich in January and Berlin in February, hoping to do Rome in May as well

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Dec. 22 2004,14:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Dec. 22 2004,14:50)]1) Korea in March, incorporating the annual pilgrimage to HK and probably taking in Singapore, less probably taking in Tokyo. Hmmmmm tough.
Not bad. I've got Munich in January and Berlin in February, hoping to do Rome in May as well
'Napster does Europe' - that really does sound like a very dodgy top shelve video!

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Dec. 22 2004,15:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Dec. 22 2004,14:55)]
[b said:
'Napster does Europe' - that really does sound like a very dodgy top shelve video!

rock.gif
can't imagine it'd get many takers.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Dec. 22 2004,14:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 22 2004,13:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Dec. 22 2004,12:45)]You're older than me mate - checked the birthday calendar on here. I'm not 31 till next year

Same school year, though... surely?!
Clutching at straws though..........surely?

tounge.gif
Aargh! I can hear the Ronnie Whelan chant in my head, like the chimes of Big Ben...

"Old Man, Old Man.
Old Man, Old Man..."

ghostface.gif

Will be finished by 11am on x-mas eve and then dont go back till Thursday. Work 2 days. Have Sat through to Monday off and back on the Tuesday ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ Dec. 22 2004,17:10)]Days off - Boxing day, Bank mon and tues, New years eve and day.

Working on Xmas day For 5 hours.
Now that is a bummer - must be double time at least though ?

No nurses on here ?

How about Benfleet Shrimp ? You working through it Wayne ?

Woo-hoo!

Just found out I don't have to come in tomorrow, so last day for me today.

So, what time in The Spread tomorrow, mid-day?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Dec. 22 2004,20:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ Dec. 22 2004,17:10)]Days off - Boxing day, Bank mon and tues, New years eve and day.

Working on Xmas day For 5 hours.
Now that is a bummer - must be double time at least though ?

No nurses on here ?

How about Benfleet Shrimp ? You working through it Wayne ?
Something I'm gonna have to get used to from now on.
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Dec. 23 2004,09:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Dec. 23 2004,08:59)]So, what time in The Spread tomorrow, mid-day?  
tounge.gif
That is what I was thinking.
Great minds and all that........
biggrin.gif

However I do want to make it through to midnight at least, best be sensible and not get down there so early.......say 1 o'clock instead
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Dec. 23 2004,09:58)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Dec. 23 2004,08:59)]So, what time in The Spread tomorrow, mid-day?  
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

However I do want to make it through to midnight at least, best be sensible and not get down there so early.......say 1 o'clock instead  
tounge.gif
Yeah good call. I'll be doing a pub crawl all day tomorrow so will start at the Spread and go from there

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Dec. 23 2004,10:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Dec. 23 2004,09:58)]
[b said:
[b said:
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif
Yeah good call. I'll be doing a pub crawl all day tomorrow so will start at the Spread and go from there
In all likelihood I'll do a lunchtime drink and then head home for something to eat before starting the evening's festivities.

May see you in there!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Dec. 23 2004,10:09)]should be out of work by 1pm, on a train by half 1, so in town by half 2.
You out in Southend tomorrow or staying elsewhere to be with family or in-laws, seeing as it's your first 'married' Christmas?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Dec. 23 2004,10:21)]I'll meet up with you rabble in the Spread ( or town ) before heading off to the Rock in the evening
Do they celebrate Christmas on Canvey then? Or is it more a sort of pagan festival that the natives are having?

tounge.gif

Back