• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time to push on! Sell time.

I've just been :)

Was only going to get 9.5m for Brucie, which was nowhere near what I think he's worth, so we'll see what we can get for Del-Boy. Already got a bid of over 5m.

Im just about (hopefully!) to buy this bloke!

James is a RH Batsman and RH Spin Bowler. He is a destructive player with respectable leadership skills and remarkable experience.

He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Plays For: The Handicapables
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 118,208
Wages: £48,769 p/w

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: quality
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: masterful
Fielding: strong

have just started playing battrick and have signed a few players and have about 13-14 on transfer list however nobody is even attempting to sign them

i have seen people trying to sign worse players though.

does this happen often or am i just being paranoid??????

People occassionally will buy a duffer just to fill their squad. Post your squad list up here and we can give you a few pointers.

thanks mr b and napster, i will try to post my squad.

i havent put a selling price on any of my listed players

does that affect it in any way or does that just mean the offers start at £0

my team name is 'marvels marvels'

Looks like the majority of players you are trying to sell are pretty much unsellable and you are better off firing them rather than paying out another weeks wages.

Basically, unless a player has batting of mediocre or above (with concentration and stamina) or bowling of mediocre or above (with consistency and stamina) they will have no market value.

At the start of next season there will be an influx of 17yo's into the game, try to pick up a couple cheaply and start training.

This guy is fairly high competent and will go cheaply, get him and put a bowling net on him, expires in 40 minutes.

Cyrille Graham (2613612) Cyrille is a LH Batsman and LM Bowler. He is an attacking player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has competent batting form, strong bowling form and sublime fitness.

Plays For: hales colts
Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 5,275
Wages: £592 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: worthless Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: competent Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

Also, try to find a couple of older players with competent/respectable primary (bat/bowl) and mediocre secondaries (conc/cons as applicable + stamina) to pad the squad out. You can pick up older respectable players for not too much money sometimes and they will do a good job for you.

i did sign this guy for £2000 the other day, is he the sort of 30+ player i should be looking at????

Grady Croft -35 yo, BT Rating=19,336
LH Batsman, LF Bowler. He is a destructive player with competent leadership skills and wonderful experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, respectable bowling form and sublime fitness. Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: superb Batting: mediocre Concentration: respectable Bowling: worthless Consistency: strong Fielding: mediocre

Good try but worthless stamina effectively renders a player 'worthless'. However, he should still do an ok job down at your level for a season, just don't expect too many long innings from him!

There are two gap weeks (15 and 16), first cup game of next season will be on the 27th September I think with the first FC game starting on the 29th.

This guy is fairly high competent and will go cheaply, get him and put a bowling net on him, expires in 40 minutes.

Cyrille Graham (2613612) Cyrille is a LH Batsman and LM Bowler. He is an attacking player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has competent batting form, strong bowling form and sublime fitness.

Plays For: hales colts
Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 5,275
Wages: £592 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: worthless Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: competent Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

just signed him for £9000

Very nice signing. Depending on what other nets you have in use you want him on one bowling, one fielding and one stamina net.

Woo another player !!!!! Wilkommen !

ORM will be sadly lacking in the transfer market for the forseeable future. Currently 1.9 in the bank. Need a very good YP plus a sale to finance an improvement on the squad.

Last edited:
Welcome to Battrick mate

I won't be purchasing anyone for a while either. Have £2.5mill in the bank and next season will see my biggest wage increase I've had thus far. Hoping to pull a good YP or two :unsure: maybe even cash in on one

Back