• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yep, neither system works ideally, mainly because of personnel.

With three centre-halves you really need a ball playing one amongst them who can drive forward out of defence.

I think there has been times 'LBBlue' where PB has had to make an adjustment that might not necessarily have been his first choice and it's worked in his favour, so yes, I do think lady luck/fate has played a part at times, but I guess that's the same with most managers.

I do think, though, that the assembled squad has in no small way resulted in PB being able to say that you make your own luck, sometimes.

On, say, the Kyps situation. He must have been identified and worked with in training on possibly being a centre-half cover. I think, in that regard, some behind the scenes credit is fair, as well.

A good example of that would be Geoff Hurst coming in for the injured Jimmy Greaves in 1966. There would be plenty of other examples but over all any manger would rather have every player available.

Back