• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tips, betting stories, etc

Put £2.50 e/w on Broken Promise in the 4.20 @ Lingfield yesterday, tip from Irate Ian! I got 14/1 on bet365, he came in and they paid at 33/1 because of their "best odds guaranteed" offer! £5 returns £104! :smile:

Hit the bar yesterday; Real Betis were 8/1 at home against Barcelona, a price that just felt a little too big. 2-1 up going in to injury time when Keita gets an equaliser :sad:

Moving to the turf, I was speaking to one of our horse racing odds compilers the other day and in The Oaks, Kailani has "been backed by all the right people". Those 'right people' may all be wrong of course but she has to be worth a punt at 10/1 with Paddy Power (we're only 7/1, clearly trying to steer clear).

Anyone winning? In a bid to recover last night loss on goal minutes, I've gone long on first half injury time in the late game tonight. The market is at 90 seconds but a serious head injury to one of the Germans should prove to be a winner.

Anyone winning? In a bid to recover last night loss on goal minutes, I've gone long on first half injury time in the late game tonight. The market is at 90 seconds but a serious head injury to one of the Germans should prove to be a winner.

Thats quite a crazy bet what are the odds?

Its not a fixed price its a spread bet. The market is 90 seconds the bet is £1 per second. Unfortunately it lost.

I've had a couple of winners, but I don't want to sound like an after-timer.

In terms of bets still to come (hopefully) I am on Russia and France for their respective groups, Llorente and Zlatan for top scorer, Young for top England scorer and a very small bet at 6/1 on Germany to win the lot.

Backed under 2.5 goals in the Denmark v Portugal game last night. Judge.

I started off well (Russia, Germany and Croatia at very tasty prices) but have since tailed off. Was looking good until Shevchenko intervened and I've barely won a bet since!

Got a few antepost bets, mainly top team scorers plus Lewandowski top scorer at 66/1 (value loser!) and Pirlo to be player of the tournament at 100/1. None are looking especially likely at the moment.

Ive still got a shout with Total tournament 1st half Injury time minutes X 2nd Half injury time minutes but i need more first half minutes to make it work.

Ireland 12/1 against Spain. Some of us are old enough to remember 1982 world cup - Spain 0 Northern Irleand 1. IIRC, N.I went down to 10 men early doors and hung on for a fantastic victory.

In terms of bets still to come (hopefully) I am on Russia and France for their respective groups, Llorente and Zlatan for top scorer, Young for top England scorer and a very small bet at 6/1 on Germany to win the lot.

Backed under 2.5 goals in the Denmark v Portugal game last night. Judge.

With that litany of failure in mind, you'll probably not want to hear my one Olympic bet so far, but I'm liking Uruguay a lot at 11/10 to win Group A. They're very good, we're not, and neither, apparently, are the other two sides in the group.

I've got two bets for this tournament.

Uruguay/GB and Spain/Japan straight forecast double - pays just under 10/1.

Luis Suarez top goalscorer - pays exactly 10/1.

Not a tip, but a sentimentel bet.

Freddy Eastwood, L2 top scorer, 25/1 at Bet365. As short as 8/1 with SkyBet. I've gone each way, top 4 1/4 odds.

We are 16/1 to win div 2 on betfair, thought it good value. IMO get on quick if you fancy us as it will go now Eastwood's back .

Eastwoods back aint great and his knee is shot too .. expect that 16 to become 25 pretty rapid like

With that litany of failure in mind, you'll probably not want to hear my one Olympic bet so far, but I'm liking Uruguay a lot at 11/10 to win Group A. They're very good, we're not, and neither, apparently, are the other two sides in the group.

At least you are consistant James ...

Now can you back Col Ewe, the Ooze and Creepy to fill the L1 promotion slots and W*** H** to qualify for Europe please

Good value to be had backing against Pompey right now. Made on Plymouth tonight and Bournemouth available at evens for Saturday. Can't see them suddenly getting a load of new players between now and then!

Good value to be had backing against Pompey right now. Made on Plymouth tonight and Bournemouth available at evens for Saturday. Can't see them suddenly getting a load of new players between now and then!

Bournemouth getting massively backed in with us - even money before last night, now 8/11. That market is only going one way, so get on while you can.

Yep, didn't take long for people to jump on. I had a over a ton on Plymouth to win and so confident I was that they would that I put my winnings on a Plymouth/Ipswich/Stevenage treble so turned into a productive night!

Gone back out now with all Portsmouth's signings, can't see them all gelling in time though!

Back