• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TMWLT

Banned
I was extremely pleased with the reaction of fans around the country to our so called superstars of the english national team, and then listening to the phone ins, many many supporters expressed that this is the only way
of them expressing their feelings about the situation, which is exactly the same at southend.

Watching the shrimpers is not exactly a cheap exercise, unless of course you have a kids ticket, and therefore the plain fact is that you have the right to shout what you like at whom you like. end of story.

clearly the abuse levelled at the players at brighton had an effect ,as we then went on a fairly decent run!!.

know its clear to me, that tilly for whatever reason can see something in harrold, that no one else can, and possibly only take notice when we drop down over halfway(soon) or the abuse increases towards harrold.

Everyone these days is fond of saying football is a product, which if thats the case, an expensive one, if you have just paid £20 for something you didnt enjoy what do you sit on your hands, you cannot exactly demand a refund!! or take back damaged goods.

So I say " express yourself" its one on one

I can not agree with this at all, I have never booed a southend player during a game that would go against the fact that I SUPPORT the team and not abuse them, when a game is over then that is the time to vent feelings of frustration etc but to hurl abuse at your own players during a match is IMO pointless please explain how that would help? And I think things picked up after brighton because tilly changed the team round not cos people abused certaind players

TMWLT.

I dont for one second doubt your commitment to the Blues as I have seen you watching Southend away from home all my supporting life.

But for some reason I think you seem to enjoy when we are on a bad run? I dont ever see you post on here when things are going well and yet you come on here the second the wheels come off slightly? I cant decide if you just like to fish for a row or you are just a total pessimist.

I dont disagree that you have the right to complain if things are not right but openly booing your own players before they have even touched the ball is surely not serving any purpose at all.

The abuse levelled at the players after the Brighton game was nothing short of moronic. How proud I felt seeing a few posters on here who I wont name mouthing off our captain and Tommy Black. Yes well done lads you take full credit for our turn around.

I stood next to you at Fulham away many moons ago and we both along with others climbed the fence to tell Alvin Martin in no uncertain terms to **** off. He was a disaster and was taking the club down and down.

Tilly and the players on the other hand have got us on the edge of the play offs with a good chance of climbing higher. So why are you or others booing them? Its hardly a disaster season is it? Oh no we lost to Luton -We never loose there do we.

The clue for my mind in in the name "Southend UNITED" - Eg we stand together through thick and thin.

Maybe if we didnt have dinosaurs and idiots like you mention above at the hall so much the players might perform a bit better at home and not be so affraid to try anything with a bit of flair or creativity.

To Be honest, when i boo, it is a great vent of frustration!! People should try it, just once..

Last edited:
I don't think booing helped us on a good run, I think it was more to do with the introduction of a decent striker...

You can't compare the two situations. The England players are booed because they're overpaid, lazy and underperforming. In my opinion you should only boo a player if they're not putting in the effort it. Yes Harold's rubbish but he gives 110% every game.

To Be honest, when i booed Harrold against cheltenham in the first half, and the other hundred or so around me, it was a great vent of frustration!! People should try it, just once..

I imagine that Harrold must really have felt a benefit of you giving him stick.

And then people wonder why he fails to perform or is reluctant to shoot.

Whats wrong with ENCOURAGING him instead, I would rather say c'mon matty get stuck in than booooooooooooo you useless ginger caaaaaant

would never call him a ginger ****.. as i sit with one, so that would be quite ironic

I was extremely pleased with the reaction of fans around the country to our so called superstars of the english national team, and then listening to the phone ins, many many supporters expressed that this is the only way
of them expressing their feelings about the situation, which is exactly the same at southend.

Watching the shrimpers is not exactly a cheap exercise, unless of course you have a kids ticket, and therefore the plain fact is that you have the right to shout what you like at whom you like. end of story.

clearly the abuse levelled at the players at brighton had an effect ,as we then went on a fairly decent run!!.

know its clear to me, that tilly for whatever reason can see something in harrold, that no one else can, and possibly only take notice when we drop down over halfway(soon) or the abuse increases towards harrold.

Everyone these days is fond of saying football is a product, which if thats the case, an expensive one, if you have just paid £20 for something you didnt enjoy what do you sit on your hands, you cannot exactly demand a refund!! or take back damaged goods.

So I say " express yourself" its one on one

Actually, a lot of people on here can see what Harrold brings to the team, not just Tilly and Brush...

Two answers - Boo England by all means. The FA is loaded and chose the manager. The manager chooses the players who are all massively paid, and supposedly at the upper echelons of the English game. Their failure was abysmal.
Southend on the other hand are limited to what they can spend and who they can attract and if thats as good as we are then so be it. The only reason I would boo a Southend player is if they were not trying their hardest.
People are born with a certain ability, and can learn more to a certain degree, but everyone is capable of trying their absolute hardest so to me not trying is the biggest sin.

I would never and indeed haven't slated a player in public. Even the worst player ever - I'd say something like "You're SOUTHEND - go score a goal!" Behind his back though... :o)

TMWLT.

I dont for one second doubt your commitment to the Blues as I have seen you watching Southend away from home all my supporting life.

But for some reason I think you seem to enjoy when we are on a bad run? I dont ever see you post on here when things are going well and yet you come on here the second the wheels come off slightly? I cant decide if you just like to fish for a row or you are just a total pessimist.

I dont disagree that you have the right to complain if things are not right but openly booing your own players before they have even touched the ball is surely not serving any purpose at all.

The abuse levelled at the players after the Brighton game was nothing short of moronic. How proud I felt seeing a few posters on here who I wont name mouthing off our captain and Tommy Black. Yes well done lads you take full credit for our turn around.

I stood next to you at Fulham away many moons ago and we both along with others climbed the fence to tell Alvin Martin in no uncertain terms to **** off. He was a disaster and was taking the club down and down.

Tilly and the players on the other hand have got us on the edge of the play offs with a good chance of climbing higher. So why are you or others booing them? Its hardly a disaster season is it? Oh no we lost to Luton -We never loose there do we.

The clue for my mind in in the name "Southend UNITED" - Eg we stand together through thick and thin.

Maybe if we didnt have dinosaurs and idiots like you mention above at the hall so much the players might perform a bit better at home and not be so affraid to try anything with a bit of flair or creativity.

Dave, nail hit well and truely on the head. The board has been so negative in the last two weeks, we need to try and support the side not slag them, you'd think we were in the relegation positions not just slipped out of the play offs with the doom and gloom on here.

I'm sure I'll see you Saturday matey at Oxford. Me and Stevie P will be in attendence.

I really take exception to this attitude. Paying money for something does not excuse you from having to behave like a decent human being. If I go to a shop and buy something, am I within my rights to call the assistant a f**king useless c**t? I think not.

While I appreciate that a certain level of abuse is part and parcel of football, some of it is way over the top and totally unacceptable.*

* SUFC players only. Opposition players don't count.

Back