• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Cratchitt

Devil's Advocate
speculation about how the server crashed.

Whenever we hit 80 or more users the server starts it's general decline to the point when it will crash and burn. So here is a timeline on yesterday

14:42 100 user online servers starts complaining about memory issues.
14:53 TFS post appears.
15:01 Servers dumps itself.

In the past this has been the standard, a decline of about 20 mins from first error message occuring to the server going offline. So I would say it was more to do with the Transfer Window as we had 100 people online 11 mins before the despised post rather than the post itself, sorry TFS you are not that great a draw or anything you say. Unless of course the SZ community have all become psychic.
tounge.gif

To rectify the situation will take at least £60 to increase the memory, however I guess with the monthly costs Naps and Leeboy have not the spare dosh to do this just yet. Unless you guys are all willing to pledge money to pay for this improvement we might have to wait a little while.
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Sep. 01 2005,11:20)]Unless you guys are all willing to pledge money to pay for this improvement we might have to wait a little while.
cool.gif
I thought that was what the sponsorship/advertising was for?

And to stop any more accusations of clique, I have written to the Flying Scotsman about yesterday's events.

Whilst some (Mike, Tony) thought it was amusing, as "legal mod" I continue not to see the funny side in defamation.

In this case, the defamation against both our club & Bristol Rovers was that the latter had sold their major striker. If they have any issued share capital, then the selling of their main striker on transfer deadline day (without a replacement lined up) may cause the value of their share capital to fall.

If TFS's email was responsible for a fall in value of Bristol Rovers' share capital, then he & this site would be liable for that. We cannot afford for that to happen.

Some things are funny, and some things are foolish. Posting major untruths which could result in this site being closed does not, in my view, fall into the former category.

I now consider this matter to be closed.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back